New Investor from Raleigh, North Carolina

New Investor from Raleigh, North Carolina

Real Estate Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 4 votes

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Aaron Jones and I am a new real estate investor from Raleigh, NC. I am a 19 year old college student studying computer engineering and I am hoping to plant the seeds to a bright future with real estate. My short term goals are to complete my first deal this summer and supplant my job with real estate with a long term goal of being debt free after college. I am deeply interested in all facets of real estate investing and I hope to use Bigger Pockets to network with amazing, knowledgeable people and to learn and grow as much as I can. 

Being so young and so new to all of this, I am curious as to any advice anyone might have on how to better my understanding of the industry and how best to get started. I am also looking for contacts in the Raleigh area to do business with in the near future! 

I look forward to meeting you all and have a great day! 

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn BrenengenBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Aaron Jones Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  There is a meet up on the 26th at 6:00 at Buffalo brothers on Lake Boone Trail if you're interested in meeting some others in the area.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 66 votes
    10y
    Welcome! Aaron Jones glad you've decided to take action and control your destiny man! Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any help getting started
  • Dawn BrenengenBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Aaron Jones Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  There is a meet up on the 26th at 6:00 at Buffalo brothers on Lake Boone Trail if you're interested in meeting some others in the area.

  • Real Estate Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Thank you both for the warm welcome! Dawn Brenengen I will do my best to be there! Thank you for the info. Do you know what will be covered or is it just a general meeting for newbies?
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    10y

    Hello @Aaron Jones and welcome to BP. BP is a great place for new real estate investors. It has free online videos and courses for you to watch and learn from. BP also has it's own podcast in itunes for you to listen to as well. You came to the right place and I wish you good luck. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    10y
    Hi Aaron :)
  • Dawn BrenengenBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Aaron Jones It's just a casual get together where we will usually order drinks and food and just get to know one another.  There is no organized format or speakers.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.