Finally about to get started in Chapin, South Carolina!

Finally about to get started in Chapin, South Carolina!

OH · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes

I've been interested in real estate for several years but I first got seriously interested in buy-and-hold rentals in the fall last year after reading The Real Estate Millionaire. I didn't have the cash on hand to get started so my wife and I put our house on the market because we had a lot of equity tied up in it and decided a less expensive house would suit our needs. A guest on one of the podcasts did this so I felt like I was in good company. Unfortunately, it didn't go well for us so we decided to do a VA Cash Out Refinance instead after I found a bank that offered us a 30 year mortgage at a 3.25% interest rate. We closed on it last Friday and hope to make our first offers on some investment properties soon. We live in Chapin, SC and are primarily looking in the Irmo, SC area. I've listened to ~50 of the BiggerPockets podcasts, read a lot of blog posts, and have been lurking in the forums so I am looking forward to applying the knowledge I've picked up over the past 9 months and learning more!

2Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 163 posts · 37 votes
10y
Originally posted by @Alex Fisher:

Jonathan, I actually live in Chapin also! I have my real estate license and I am too actively pursuing investment opportunities. If I can be of any help absolutely let me know! Best of luck

Hi Jonathan & Alex!

I'm here in Columbia as well. Let's connect!

Luke

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hello @Jonathan Hewitt and let me be the first to welcome you to BP. At BP, you can get the information you need while connecting with other investors. BP offers free online courses and videos and also has it's own podcast in itunes. You came to the right place for REI!

  • Real Estate Broker · Columbia, SC · Member since 2015 · 148 posts · 110 votes
    10y

    Comgratulations from Columbia! I am really giving you kudos for doing your groundwork. Lots of people jumping in as soon as the lender's check clears. You have evidently studied on this a good bit. You'll do well.

    Chris Bunge

    McGee Real Estate

    West Columbia SC

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 14 votes
    10y
    Very exciting! Keep us posted when you pull the trigger! My husband and I have also been in the learning phase the past few months and are getting close to buying our first rental as well- also in SC! Good luck!
  • OH · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks everyone!

  • Chapin, SC · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Jonathan, I actually live in Chapin also! I have my real estate license and I am too actively pursuing investment opportunities. If I can be of any help absolutely let me know! Best of luck!

  • Wholesaler · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 163 posts · 37 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Alex Fisher:

    Jonathan, I actually live in Chapin also! I have my real estate license and I am too actively pursuing investment opportunities. If I can be of any help absolutely let me know! Best of luck

    Hi Jonathan & Alex!

    I'm here in Columbia as well. Let's connect!

    Luke

  • Property Manager · Chapin, SC · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    I am a real Estate Broker in Charge and I own a PM Company with about 80 SFR rentals. And I too live in Chapin SC. Hi Guys. Let me know If I can help too..

  • Property Manager · Chapin, SC · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    Also I have some currently rented homes that the owners would sell to you..maybe we can make a deal

  • Rental Property Investor · Chapin, SC · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Welcome Jonathan, 

    I am an investor that mainly focuses on Rentals that also lives in the Chapin area and I am currently looking at expanding my portfolio.

    If you have any questions or if I can help you please feel free to let me know

    Hope to talk to you soon

    Andy

  • Real Estate Agent · Irmo, SC · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hello! I'm a real estate agent in Irmo/Chapin/Ballentine and the owner of Modern Dwellings Property Group. I'm an new investor myself, into the rental market, and very interested in flips or working with people who are doing them to learn more. I'm a (former) mechanical engineer, but real estate is my full time career now and I love it! If you're looking to buy or sell property in the Irmo/Chapin/Ballentine area, let's talk!!

    Thanks!!

    Michele Stephens

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.