New in Philadelphia Area

New in Philadelphia Area

Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 9 votes

Hello BiggerPockets community,

My name is Josh Tonnesen and I have a real interest for real estate.  I have read several books, listened to numerous podcasts, as well as had good, hands-on experience.  

I am looking to expand my network and contribute to the Biggerpockets community wherever the opportunity arises.

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
10y

Thanks for sharing.

Rich Dad Poor Dad is an all time favorite for me, but others I highly recommend are:

1) The Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason - it's a series of parables that help teach the investor mindset. Small but great read.

2) The One Thing by Gary Keller - I'm a fan of simple and this books helps sort that out and get you focused on what matters. 

3) And if you're an avid reader/learner, BP put together a great list awhile back - The 21 Best Real Estate books. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 167 posts · 64 votes
    10y

    @Josh Tonnesen - welcome to BP! This is THE best online resource for real estate investing information...the podcasts are amazing.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Josh Tonnesen, welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    10y

    Hi @Josh Tonnesen, You've come to the right place to achieve those goals. Keep going for it. Question - out of the books that you've read on REI which have you found the most helpful?

  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Brett Snodgrass

    I started with the Millionaire Real Estate Investor, and then read the other two books in that series (Flip and Hold).  Then I have started to go through many of the favorite books on the podcasts.  I've read Rich Dad Poor Dad, 4 Hour Work Week, and I am currently going through the E Myth.  I found the Millionaire real estate investor to be the most helpful, and then flip from that series.  If you have any good recommendations, feel free to let me know, because I am always looking to expand my knowledge.

    -Josh Tonnesen

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    10y

    Thanks for sharing.

    Rich Dad Poor Dad is an all time favorite for me, but others I highly recommend are:

    1) The Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason - it's a series of parables that help teach the investor mindset. Small but great read.

    2) The One Thing by Gary Keller - I'm a fan of simple and this books helps sort that out and get you focused on what matters. 

    3) And if you're an avid reader/learner, BP put together a great list awhile back - The 21 Best Real Estate books. 

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 142 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Welcome. I'm new here also. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.