New investor here in Jacksonville Florida

New investor here in Jacksonville Florida

Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
Hello, I'm new to investing. I'm hoping bigger pockets can help expand my knowledge on the subject of real estate investing. I'm also preparing to become a real estate agent. I'm so nervous but with all of the information available on BP I'm feeling better. 馃槉
2Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
10y

will check the calendar app. The location is J Birds restaurant,  2600 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084. (It also has an adjoining hotel in the back.)

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Umar JavaidPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support 路 S茫o Paulo, S茫o Paulo 路 Member since 2015 路 548 posts 路 79 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Patrice Baker

    I hope our site can help you with all of your REI goals. Best of Luck!

    BiggerPockets
  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Thanks so much!
  • Investor/RE Broker 路 Eugene, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 3k+ posts 路 968 votes
    10y

    @Patrice Baker Hi and welcome to BP! Jacksonville is a great market to get your start in REI. Be sure to use the resources that BP provides with the Ultimate Beginner's Guide, and use your keywords.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 Baltimore, MD 路 Member since 2008 路 17k+ posts 路 13k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Patrice Baker Yes Knowledge builds confidence. Be sure to check out the cool stuff like Podcasts under the education tab above.

  • Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP !!!  It is great to hear that you will be working towards your license.  Everyone says get your education first before investing. I reside in Jacksonville and I am still working on my education.  I would hope to see you at a few investor meetings in the city. I have seen very few realtors in the investor meetings, but it could be a powerful tool for you to add to your toolbox. Networking and marketing are very important.  As a realtor, you learn the laws, but not the creative strategies.  Having the knowledge of both schools of thought would help you in so many ways.  Again, learn both sides of the fence and have some fun on your journey. 

    I can always use a good realtor-friend and hope to see you as your knowledge and confidence builds! REI is the way to go !!

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Larry Fried:

    @Patrice Baker Hi and welcome to BP! Jacksonville is a great market to get your start in REI. Be sure to use the resources that BP provides with the Ultimate Beginner's Guide, and use your keywords.

     Thanks for the advice Larry! Just downloaded it to the iPad.  馃槉

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Stacy Williams:

    Welcome to BP !!!  It is great to hear that you will be working towards your license.  Everyone says get your education first before investing. I reside in Jacksonville and I am still working on my education.  I would hope to see you at a few investor meetings in the city. I have seen very few realtors in the investor meetings, but it could be a powerful tool for you to add to your toolbox. Networking and marketing are very important.  As a realtor, you learn the laws, but not the creative strategies.  Having the knowledge of both schools of thought would help you in so many ways.  Again, learn both sides of the fence and have some fun on your journey. 

    I can always use a good realtor-friend and hope to see you as your knowledge and confidence builds! REI is the way to go !!

    Thanks Stacy! Yes, I have just finished my real estate course and am now preparing to test in the next month or so. I seen a REI meet up through meetup.com is this one that you attend? I would love to network with you and become your Realtor-friend! Hope to connect with you soon.

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ned Carey:

    Welcome to BP @Patrice Baker Yes Knowledge builds confidence. Be sure to check out the cool stuff like Podcasts under the education tab above.

     Thank for the advice Ned! I plan on listening to all of them! 

  • Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
    10y

    review the location to verify the correct meeting.  There is a breakfast meeting in St Augustine and an evening session at a local  hotel (Embassy Suites). There was another meeting added for a luncheon in Fleming Island.  I attend these meetings, but the other way has active investors with the same set for business.  I suggest attending both and getting the email traffic. I think you will see how many investors bring deals and questions to the meetings that you can gain additional training from. You cannot buy this knowledge. Bring business cards if you have them and a pen with a writing pad. Q

  • Specialist 路 Rockland, MA 路 Member since 2010 路 7k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Patrice Baker

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP鈥檚 newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Paul Timmins:

    @Patrice Baker

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP鈥檚 newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

     Thanks Paul! You definitely have created a to do list for me and I have some tasks completed!

  • Investor 路 Saint Augustine, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 227 posts 路 61 votes
    10y

    Where and when is the breakfast meeting in St. Augustine ? Thanks ! 

  • Charles A.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 208 posts 路 282 votes
    10y

    Following.

    @Stacy Williams

    Interested in the St. Augustine meet too!

  • Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
    10y

    will check the calendar app. The location is J Birds restaurant,  2600 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084. (It also has an adjoining hotel in the back.)

  • Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
    10y

    i think it will be July 7 starting at 8:30am  the request has not gone out yet. 

  • Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
    10y

    that also meet here I  Jacksonville  at embassy suites on a Thursday and Tuesday for lunch on 220 for lunch at 11am. I just do not have the dates in front of me. I am in appointments this morning. 

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Stacy Williams:

    review the location to verify the correct meeting.  There is a breakfast meeting in St Augustine and an evening session at a local  hotel (Embassy Suites). There was another meeting added for a luncheon in Fleming Island.  I attend these meetings, but the other way has active investors with the same set for business.  I suggest attending both and getting the email traffic. I think you will see how many investors bring deals and questions to the meetings that you can gain additional training from. You cannot buy this knowledge. Bring business cards if you have them and a pen with a writing pad. Q

     Stacy Sorry I did not see this sooner. I will add these meetings to my calender. I'm still waiting on my cards to come in mail. I would hate to go empty handed! I hope to see you at on in the future!

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Stacy Williams:

    will check the calendar app. The location is J Birds restaurant,  2600 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084. (It also has an adjoining hotel in the back.)

     On meetup.com right?

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor 路 Scottsdale AZ 路 Member since 2015 路 1k+ posts 路 423 votes
    10y

    Hi @Patrice Baker and welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is a great place to go for real estate investing. It has everything you need from free online videos and courses to free educational courses. You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

  • Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jill DeWit:

    Hi @Patrice Baker and welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is a great place to go for real estate investing. It has everything you need from free online videos and courses to free educational courses. You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

     Thank you so much Jill! I wish you much success on your future.

  • Lender 路 Upper Chichester, PA 路 Member since 2016 路 143 posts 路 32 votes
    10y

    Hi Patrice,

    Welcome to the BP Family!! Our community here is full of knowledgeable people who are willing to give you advice, offer pointers, answer questions, etc... There is also a ton of information on the site in the form of Articles, book, webinars, podcast, forums, and much more. I agree with Paul Timmons advice about reading both of John Scott's books and also about finding a local REIA they can be a first hand source to find out what is going on in your local market as well as making great connections. I wish you well and feel free to reach out if you have any questions that I maybe able to answer for you.

    Good Luck Patrice & Happy Investing!!!

  • Real estate investing 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 91 posts 路 24 votes
    10y

    If you have time this evening, this is another group to consider.

    Jacksonville Real Estate Investors Marketplace (JAX REIM)

       Movers and shakers!! Be ready with your questions and enjoy the networking.

  • Investor 路 Jacksonville, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 63 posts 路 30 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Patrice Baker I wish you much success and passive income! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.