Chicago newbie interested in rental property

Chicago newbie interested in rental property

Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes

My name is Teniya. I am an Accountant living in Chicago looking for income earning opportunities. I do not have any experience in the Real Estate market but am doing tons of research and am looking for the basics on rental property ownership and other investments.

I love speaking to property owners about their success and lessons entering the rental market.

Have a great day!

1Reply
10 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Welcome Teniya! It's great to have you! 

  • Architect · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 93 posts · 130 votes
    10y

    Welcome Teniya,

    I have been where you are now. I now know not to get started with real estate investing without having a great team in place. Reach out for any advice and happy to help.

    Prashanth

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    10y

    Hello @Teniya Farnandis and welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is a great place when it comes to real estate investing. At BP, you can get the information you need to succeed while networking with other investors from around the world. BP offers free online videos and courses for you to watch and learn from. You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

  • Laurice AllenPro Member
    Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Teniya! 

    I am real estate newbie from Chicago also trying to learn from others in efforts to reach my RE goals. The BP community is very friendly. I recommend watching the bigger pockets webinars as they give a lot of insight into different types of Real estate investing strategies and real investor experiences. I wish you nothing but good luck! 

    Laurice Allen

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Teniya

    Welcome your numbers orientation should be a big help.

    Check out Brandon Turners books on Rental Property Investing and Managing Rental Property.

    Paul

  • Realtor · Orland Park, IL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! You will find a ton of information and help on this site.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    10y

    @Teniya Farnandis Hi and welcome to BP and the world of REI!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.