New Investor in Huntsville AL

New Investor in Huntsville AL

Huntsville, AL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hey all,

Brand new investor here (as in, I've never done real estate investing before and I'm starting the learning process on this website). I'm an engineer and a single mom and just want to get a little more financially secure by investing in properties.

Any newbie tips are appreciated. Would love to meet up with anyone around here who does that :)

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
10y

Welcome to BiggerPockets Tessa! As far as newbie tips, read, read, read and network, network, network! Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Tessa! As far as newbie tips, read, read, read and network, network, network! Good luck!

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks Andrew!

  • Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2014 · 108 posts · 50 votes
    10y

    Hey Tessa!!  Welcome to BP, great place to learn and network!! I'm an engineer as well....shocking in HSV :) I've got my real estate license as well if I can be of any help getting you started on your investing journey....just send me a PM and I'll be happy to help if i can! :) 

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Tessa Hays

    Welcome time to build the legacy.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com Network with club officials and vendors via phone prior to the meeting day.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Paul

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Tessa Hays I have been listening to the podcasts while I drive or workout it keeps me motivated and helps keep my mind focused. Meet ups are a great idea and soak up as much knowledge as possible. Remember we create our own luck by being prepared and educated when an opportunity presents itself!
  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 110 votes
    10y

    @Tessa Hays

    Hi Tessa. Welcome to BP. I am a Huntsville investor and engineer as well. You can pick up a lot of knowledge about investing here on BP. I personally started out listening to a lot of the podcast and finding other investors here locally. There is REIA meeting held at the Westin. You can find their information on meetup.com.

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    I'm a poor engineer too.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.