New BP member excited to get started in NJ

New BP member excited to get started in NJ

Perth Amboy, NJ · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello BP,

I have been following the podcasts for quite sometime and now I am excited to jump in and become an active user! I look forward to networking and building my business! 

0Reply
11 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hello @Account Closed and let me be the first member to welcome you to Bigger Pockets. By signing up at Bigger Pockets, you've jumped right into becoming an active real estate investor! At BP, you can connect with other real estate investors while getting the information you need such as free online videos and courses for you to watch and learn from. You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2012 · 204 posts · 109 votes
    10y

    Welcome, @Account Closed! Always great to have another member from NJ. Where are you planning to focus your investing?

  • Perth Amboy, NJ · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Goldfarb I have researched a couple of different areas. I am interested in the woodbridge area preferably downtown near the train station. I live nearby so I would be in my comfort zone plus there is a convenience factor.. I am also considering Asbury Park. (About 40 mins away from where I am now) I an intrigued by Asbury bc have noticed a turnaround over the past few years. Majority of the homes are in C neighborhoods. But there has been revitalization on/near the boardwalk with a hipster vibe. 

    Any thoughts??

  • Rental Property Investor · Milltown, NJ · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 130 votes
    10y

    Hey @Account Closed 

    Welcome to BP!!! I do must of my investing in the Pennsylvania area but I do have one property in Somerset NJ. If you ever have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

    Thanks 

    Rich 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2012 · 204 posts · 109 votes
    10y

    Sorry @Account Closed, I missed this.

    Woodbridge and that neck of the woods are not my area of expertise, but when in doubt, you're always better off near a train station.

    My mom grew up going to the Jersey Shore back when Springsteen was making a name for himself playing gigs in Asbury, so I've been hearing about it for years. I've driven around a few times but don't know it too intimately. I know it has a cool vibe and has become a bit of a destination in recent years, but I'd be more likely to consider something like that as a hybrid investment/summer vacation spot than as a full-time investment.

    Are you looking to buy and hold? Fix and flip? Single-families or multis? 

  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 631 votes
    10y

    Hi @Jackie Ruiz,

    Welcome to BP!

    Some great education, networking and opportunities. Great way to build your power team in this business.

    Let me know if I can assist with anything.

    Regards,

    Joe Scorese

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.