New SE PA Flipper, Ready to swap grunt work for mentoring!

New SE PA Flipper, Ready to swap grunt work for mentoring!

Hatfield, PA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP!  I'm new to real estate investing and am looking to learn as quickly as possible. I've been listening to some of the early podcasts and have settled on doing a single house flip as my first investment.  Like many, I'm looking for realistic, actionable information that can help me get going and avoid many newbie mistakes.  My background is Information Technology specializing in software development.  I'm willing to use my expertise in this field, as well as doing grunt work, in exchange for mentoring and exposure to the ins and outs of flipping houses.  I'm very excited about what I hear on the podcasts and what I'm reading online.  I plan to get my real estate license and can see this growing into something that I can use to build a family business.

I'm so eager to learn and get started, but I get the sense that there is so much to learn.  I'm looking for concrete direction!  I look forward to connecting with the amazing community on BP.

--Eric

1Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Orland Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Hello @Eric Richardson and welcome to BiggerPockets.com. You're doing all the right stuff. Our IT backgrounds are similar. Take your time and learn your way around. Best wishes. 

  • Wilmerding, PA · Member since 2016 · 188 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    If you have a chance I recommend @J Scott's book on flipping houses and also his book on Estimating Rehab Costs. I have both of them and they are an invaluable resource for getting started with flipping houses.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Eric Richardson

    Welcome your profession should be the source of all the private money you will need.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Paul

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.