Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes
Hi everyone, my name is Ted Stefanski. I am a new member and a fairly inexperienced RE investor. My wife and I are interested in growing our portfolio but need help financing the next purchase. We would like to leverage an existing property to help make this happen but simply aren't experienced enough. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Wishing you all much success.
Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
Hello Ted,
Welcome to BP!
I think its a great idea to use equity on an existing property to help with the financing for another property.
I would check with a few lenders in your area to see who has the most favorable rates and terms to align with your goals. Some lenders require you to put at least 25% down on your investment property and they might not lend on a distressed property. In addition to that, your current expenses would increase because of the refinance/HELOC which you want to make sure you account for.