New Member from Colorado, incoming College Freshman

New Member from Colorado, incoming College Freshman

Longmont, CO · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello! My name is Rajat Shrestha, I'm 18 and about start my first year of college at Colorado State University. I'm studying Interior Design and Construction Management. This is what lead me to consider real Estate investing, as well as several books I've read on financial education. I'm anxious to learn as much as I can so I can begin investing in real estate. There is much I do not know, like whether someone like me with no job experience currently or credit history can even invest right now. But I'm willing to learn from anyone and aspire to be very successful in real estate as well as my interior design career. I realize I need to build assets a long with having income from a job that I love. I'll listen and engage with anyone who is willing to talk! 

1Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to the community @Rajat Shrestha Meeting experienced investors would help a lot getting that hands on experience in investing. You can find some of them here https://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    10y

    welcome to the site @Rajat Shrestha

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    @Rajat Shrestha Awesome that you're getting on top of things SO early man. I'm sure there are many that envy you right now for having the wits about you to get into something like investing at age 18.

    I'm 24 myself and I can't even begin to tell you how valuable those 6 years are, and even I am still young!

    What aspects of real estate are you particularily interested in?

  • Longmont, CO · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Well going into interior design in college, homes have always interested me because you can create my mood and feel you want in a house. But also real Estate investing I found is less risky and more profitable than many other investment types (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) just because you have more control. I mainly want to build a good asset early and have some type of cashflow so I can eventually accumulate more wealth and not just be relying on one job to keep me financially stable. And thank you for your reply and encouragement! I really appreciate it, you've given me more hope that what I'm looking at isn't totally hopeless haha

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.