Greetings from a complete novice (Ontario Canada)

Greetings from a complete novice (Ontario Canada)

Mississauga, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Greetings, I am a second generation Filipino Canadian born and raised in Ontario Canada. I just turned 25 and have been working in commercial building operations for about 3 years My two goals are to become a home owner in today's ridiculous Canadian housing market, and also learn how to create a passive income through real estate investing and leave the corporate world. I have absolutely no experience in real estate investing, but I am young and very eager to learn!

Thank you

0Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Trexie E.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
10y

Hi @Lester Carbonell

Welcome to BP! We're so excited you're here and making connections. I highly suggest you to read, "The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing". We wrote it with the beginner in mind. It’s an excellent place to start, and can answer many of your questions. You are in the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Best of luck! :)

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Mortgage Agent · Cambridge , Ontario · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hi @Lester Carbonell. Welcoem to BP.  I'm an investor and mortgage agent in KWC. This community is a great place for you to start. In addition to networking and reading articles, I found the book The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller to be filled with great actionable tips. 

    Good luck. 

    Vince

  • Investor · Thamesford, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    9y
     @Quang Nguyen Did you find out more information on REIN? I was thinking about starting a discussion on the experiences of spending 200 per month..
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.