Oxford, GA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
Hi everyone! My name is Hayward Bryant Jr. Obviously I'm here because I'm interested in making money in real estate, but this is a new found interest for me. I have very little knowledge in this matter. All advertisings, books, and most internet searches and videos only tell you about the 'quick flip', the 'make $10,000 in a month', 'the financial freedom', 'the lavish lifestyles', and so on and so on.... I'm in search of the inside scoop. I'm looking for details. I'm searching for the correct and complete knowledge that will allow me to make an educated purchase today (not literally today), and make an educated sell, for a nice profit tomorrow (or whenever the most strategic time to sell is). I am just as interested in buying and selling houses as I am renting them out. I can't wait, and really look forward to networking with you all!!
Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
10y
I recommend joining your local REIA (Real Estate Investors Association), club, alliance, etc. There you will meet many experienced people that will help you get started. They are certainly there to make money and will want to sell you classes and mentoring. I would advise that you join the club, go to several meetings and then pick an expert that seems to have the most experience and has documented instructions/material. Then enter a mentoring agreement with them. They will undoubtedly expect you to do most of the work and then give them half of the profit on the deals you do together. BUT they will keep you out of trouble and not let you make bad investments. They will ensure that you maximize profits so you will likely make more money with them than you would on your own the first year. You will learn a lot from a good mentor and if you plan to do this long term that education is well worth the five or six figure price tag!
Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
10y
Hayward - I just noticed that you are in GA. I just moved from Atlanta out to CA. I was in ATL for 15 years. I know a couple great mentors there if you are interested in hooking up with one...
Contractor · GA · Member since 2016 · 268 posts · 54 votes
10y
@Hayward Bryant Jr Hello, how long have you been gathering information on real estate investing. BP is a great place to learn various ways to invest. I'm in Conyers, Ga. Let me know if I can direct you to some other resources, i.e. fuding, attorney, other investors in the area.
Oxford, GA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
10y
Not very long to be honest with you. I guess I had been pretty preoccupied in my schooling, and my career in order to get to this point. I definitely will lock you in, because I will definitely be needing help on a number of levels. Finding lenders that will lend to my situation is certainly one. Thanks
Oxford, GA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
10y
Hey Clay, thanks for the information! I will definitely look into connecting with my local REIA. Yes I am interested in having a mentor. Could you give me a couple to possibly connect with?