Texas-Arkansas-Louisiana intersection a mile away.

Texas-Arkansas-Louisiana intersection a mile away.

Rodessa, LA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes

My wife and I live out in the woods where Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana intersect.  40 miles north of Shreveport LA and 40 miles south of Texarkana TX/AR.

I'm looking for a mobile home park to buy.  I have a little cash and need owner financing for the rest.  I prefer Texas as I have my Audioprosthologist license (hearing instrument specialist) license there.

I'm also considering multifamily options such as 2, 3, 4-plexes etc.

We owned a small property in California 12 years ago with several little bungelow type dwellings on it.  Sold that, made some money, invested in oil/gas, lost some money... looking to make it back.

1Reply
9 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to the BP community Dan. Brandon's book on Investing with no or low money down may help if you are low on funding. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Dan Harville, welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Lender · Hot Springs Village, AR · Member since 2014 · 274 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Dan Harville. I'm a little further north in Hot Springs Village. From what I remember that area should have trailer parks. Touch base with a realtor. Maybe you want to build your own. Lots on BP about buying, owning and operating a trailer park. There can be good money and you are helping a class of people that is struggling.

  • Rodessa, LA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hi Kathie,

    Penny and I actually looked at a couple properties in HSV a few years ago.  We also looked in HS but decided to move close to family which is why we are where we are.  But we make it to Hot Springs at about once a year to have a filet mignon at the Brick House Grill downtown next to the old movie thearer where Maxwell Blade used to do his show.

    I have recently considered building my own park.  Mainly after tourning several disaster zones that were listed for sale. 

    I haven't reached out yet to a real estate agent as I'm relatively new to the idea of park ownership.  Up until a few months ago I was thinking apartments... then I saw someone post about tralier parks (which I lived in as a kid) and thought that'd be cool.

    Thanks for the reach out.

    Dan

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.