New Member Looking to Expand into the Phoenix Market

New Member Looking to Expand into the Phoenix Market

Engineer · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes

I have done one successful real estate project in Flagstaff.  I designed the home, built the home, won a sustainable design award, and sold it for an excellent profit.  I have experience with remodels as well but mainly as a contractor and not the owner/investor.  I also have done one condo remodel in Phoenix that went very well.  

I'm currently in the works on 2 more projects in Phoenix.  They are very architecturally interesting custom homes on South Mountain.  I would be interested in getting bids from some GC's in Phoenix as I don't have connections here like I do in Flagstaff.  

I'm also looking to find more projects to flip or even do some new construction development.  I'm also interested in stepping up to commercial properties, perhaps a small apartment complex.  I'd really like to find some people to partner with so I can tackle larger projects sooner than later.  I have a lot to bring to a team.

I am a Construction Manager by trade.  My day job is working as an Engineer for a national general contractor.  I have about 300 million in construction under my belt as an Engineer.  I've also been a Mortgage Banker and had lots of success in that until the crash in 2007 after which I decided to make a career change and become and Engineer.

Looking forward meeting some of you.

Thanks!

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2013 · 194 posts · 100 votes
    10y
    Travis Estes I would love to meet for coffee and hear more of your story. Sounds interesting. I have met many engineers who changed careers later in life, but I haven't met anyone who changed to engineering as a second career. Also, I am a big architecture fan. Actually, one side of me loves investing in cashflowing properties, but the other side of me thinks they are all ugly. Haha. Do you know who Bill Tonnesen is? He has done a ton of rehabbing around Tempe, and has a creative look that no one else is doing. It's definitely a love it or hate it artistic industrial post-modern look.
  • Engineer · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Denny Robert sure I'd love to meet up. I'm pretty slammed this week as I'm finishing a big project at work but maybe this weekend or in the evening next week would work. 

  • Engineer · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Denny Robert sorry I tagged you wrong in my last reply (I was using my mobile).  Yes, I'd love to meet up.  Send me a message and we can schedule.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.