Newbie from NE Ohio

Newbie from NE Ohio

Chagrin Falls, OH · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes

Hi All- 

So happy to have found this site. I am enjoying beginning to build my understanding of Real Estate investing and look forward to using the resources on this site. The podcasts have been so educational and inspiring- I am trying to take the advice of many and "take a deep breath and do your homework" before jumping into anything. I am just beginning to understand the possibilities but my initial interest is in buy and hold properties in the NE Ohio area. 

Curious to hear how some of you have engaged your partners/spouses  to share your excitement/interest in Real Estate-

Thanks in advance for the opportunities to learn!

1Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Linda LabbePro Member
Investor · North Bay, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 709 posts · 262 votes
10y

Hi Michelle ... I work with my hubby ...but we are very different people with different strengths and weakness but together form a better partnership...I guess that its important to share with ones partner but let them do the things they do best  and you do the same...gives everyone a scene of accomplishment  and make for a strong partnership... want to chat more give me a call  >>.we do a lot of work in Ohio it is a wonderful place to invest

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Podcaster & Multi-Family Apartment Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 273 posts · 138 votes
    9y

    To answer your question @Michelle Tucker

    So far, everything I have purchased has been through wholesalers, however I have recently teamed up with one of the locals and we are building a bigger business with multiple, in-house, acquisition strategies. 

  • Chagrin Falls, OH · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Brower- Thanks Jeff- I checked it out- I wonder who that type of property makes sense for- It looks nice but doesnt seem to fit any of the "rules of thumb" - Thanks again- Perhaps I will see you at the November REIA-

    @Adam Adams do you have a wholesaler you would recommend in this area? And curious what steps you took to ensure you didnt get a bad deal through them?-  I can imagine its easy for a new investor to fall prey to the wrong wholesaler... appreciate your time..

  • Chagrin Falls, OH · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Want to give a big thanks to @Susan Parker for taking the time to speak with me in person yesterday. The meeting helped build my confidence and reinforce my belief that I can do this successfully if I do my homework. Speaking with Susan helped me clarify that my interest is in the area of buy and hold. 

    As a next step, I would be interested in meeting up with others who are successfully buying and holding in the NE Ohio area. Happy to buy the coffee (or tea...)- I do plan to attend the November REIA- So perhaps will meet some people there.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Michelle

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2012 · 771 posts · 252 votes
    9y

    @Michelle Tucker

    Welcome to BP.

  • Chagrin Falls, OH · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Thank you! I am excited to be here-

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Michelle Tucker Welcome to BP and congrats on taking the first step to financial freedom!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.