New Investor from Florida, Fort Myers

New Investor from Florida, Fort Myers

Investor · New York City Fort Myers FL, Birmingham AL · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 52 votes

Hi BP,

I am new to the forum and excited to have stumbled upon the site. I am a new investor looking for my first deals. I am focusing on a buy and hold - cash-flow strategy starting out. My investing goals are tied directly to gross monthly cash-flow to build my portfolio and gross income overtime. I plan on doubling my gross monthly income every 7 months in order to be grossing over $1million annually by 2020. on the assumption that I will be grossing $2k monthly by December 2016. Initially I will finance using my own capital, but as I build a track record will utilize partnerships and other investors to scale. 

Currently, I am based in Fort Myers, FL and originally from the Birmingham, AL area. I have my AL real estate license, but work full time in technology sales. 

I love traveling to new places domestically and internationally. I have worked and lived abroad in rural Thailand as a middle & high school English teacher. I enjoy playing soccer, cooking, reading non-fiction, and continually educating myself.

I am excited to connect with others who are both passionate and knowledgeable about real estate investing and building a successful business. 

- William Glass

1Reply
21 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    hi William, welcome to BP! Congratulations on a great plan! 

    let me know if you are interested in cash flow properties in miami area as well. I am local seasoned realtor here, and I could help out. 

    Regards,

    Indre

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @William Glass

    Welcome to the site. I am local as well. I live in Naples but do most of my investing in Cape Coral. The growth has been phenomenal. Be sure and PM me about our local REIA unless you are already familiar with it. I am in RE brokers class for the next two weeks. Fun! I love to learn. I have already been through the class and pass the class exam, but am sitting through it again as a refresher before I sit for the state exam. Send me a pm and maybe we could meet for coffee one day.

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the world of investing! I an based in Fort Myers area as well. let me know if you need advise on RE market in our area.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
    10y

    Hi William,

    Welcome to the site.  Great plan and interesting background.  I taught high school Spanish and later taught English in Madrid, Spain many years ago; awesome experience.

    Let me know if I can help!

  • Surveyor · Naples, FL · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    @William Glass welcome. I am also in the beginning stages of building a portfolio and live in Naples. Welcome to the area - it is a beautiful place to live and a great place to get involved in real estate. I own a surveying company so have been involved in RE for many years just not as an investor unfortunately. Feel free to reach out anytime if I can be of any assistance!

  • Investor · Lehigh Acres, FL · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @William Glass

    Welcome to the BP community. This is a phenomenal networking site. Its great that you already have goals in place. Keep pushing towards them regardless of what obstacles pops up. I would love to sit down and a coffee or a beer with you when I get back in the country in a few weeks. This REI game is very exciting thrill seeking. I really enjoy sitting down with other like-minded individuals to hear their goals and accomplishments.

    Surround yourself with good people - succcessful people, and you will surely mimic their character and success. Good luck buddy.

    Regards,

    Will

  • Investor · New York City Fort Myers FL, Birmingham AL · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    @Indre White Thanks Indre! I'll keep you in mind for the Miami area.

    @John Thedford I am interested in joining the REIA. I was looking for the upcoming meetings and saw all the current events posted had already passed. I'll follow up directly with you.Thanks John!

    @Elena Sweeney Thanks Elena! I have been looking at multi-family and SFH in Cape Coral, San Carlos & Lehigh. I feel like I have decent understanding, but am still trying to figure out the intricacies. Seems to me the market is reaching a peak, but would love your thoughts!

    @Peter Davis I appreciate it Peter! Oh wow that is interesting. How did you enjoy Madrid? Teaching abroad is such a unique way to connect with a culture and people in a meaningful way.

    @Dave Dagostino Perfect Dave! I think it's a great time to focus on investing and you've seen a lot of RE deals in a unique way that many others haven't. 

    @Willie Webb Thanks Will! Yeah I'd like that and be happy to connect when you are back stateside. Always enjoy meeting new people and talking REI!

  • Rental Property Investor · Estero, FL · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 105 votes
    10y
    Hi William Glass and welcome to BP. I am also fairly new to the site and to investing. Hope to meet you at the next REIA meeting. This past meeting would have been my first but I ran late in a business meeting and was unable to make it. Best of luck to you.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.