Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
My name is Quintin Jones current tattoo artist in Midwest City, OK. Originally from Oklahoma City just moved back home about 4 months ago from Atlanta.
I do not have any background or experience in Real Estate but some experience in insurance, which I still currently hold licenses for Life/Health and Property & Casualty in the state of Georgia.
My interest in Real Estate is to learn General Investing, Low or No Money Down Investing, Flipping and Multifamily. Currently reading the Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing, listening to the BiggerPockets podcast and watching the modules in my spare time to get some insight on the terminology and a better understanding.
Short-term goal is to acquire my first investment or property, and long-term is to use Real Estate investing as a retirement vehicle.
Realtor · Norman, OK · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 29 votes
9y
Welcome to BP Quintin!
It is great to hear that you are interested in Real Estate as well! There is a really active REIA group in the OKC area, I hear they are really a tight group of investors and colleagues, you should consider checking them out. Along with the REIA group, there are also many free meetups for investors and entrepreneurs. I'm also currently a beginner to real estate and following many of the same steps you are with the UBG and podcast. For those meet up there are:
1st Wednesday of every month "Coffee with Real Estate Investors"
1st Thursday of every month Millionaire Possabilities MPREIA
3rd Wednesday of every month Landlord Meetup
3rd Saturday of every month Real Estate Wholesalers Breakfast
4th Tuesday of every month OKC Real Estate Wholesalers Network
For entrepreneurship & business in Oklahoma City, we have:
2nd Wednesday of every month "Coffee with Entrepreneurs"
4th Thursday of every month OKC Entrepreneur Group
Multiple times per month"The Meeting After The Meeting" - Dinner with Entrepreneurs & Real Estate Investors
Ron Harris is part of the REIA group as well as here on BP and is the one to so kindly share this information with all new investors in the OKC area. He is a local real estate mentor and business coach in the area, and is always open to teaching new investors.
I hope this helps with your real estate journey! I look forward to meeting you at some of the meet ups!
Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
9y
Thanks for the welcome!
As for the area didn't have any in particular because I don't know anything about the real estate or the market, but would be interested in Edmond, NW/NE sides of town and downtown area.
Realtor · Norman, OK · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 29 votes
9y
Welcome to BP Quintin!
It is great to hear that you are interested in Real Estate as well! There is a really active REIA group in the OKC area, I hear they are really a tight group of investors and colleagues, you should consider checking them out. Along with the REIA group, there are also many free meetups for investors and entrepreneurs. I'm also currently a beginner to real estate and following many of the same steps you are with the UBG and podcast. For those meet up there are:
1st Wednesday of every month "Coffee with Real Estate Investors"
1st Thursday of every month Millionaire Possabilities MPREIA
3rd Wednesday of every month Landlord Meetup
3rd Saturday of every month Real Estate Wholesalers Breakfast
4th Tuesday of every month OKC Real Estate Wholesalers Network
For entrepreneurship & business in Oklahoma City, we have:
2nd Wednesday of every month "Coffee with Entrepreneurs"
4th Thursday of every month OKC Entrepreneur Group
Multiple times per month"The Meeting After The Meeting" - Dinner with Entrepreneurs & Real Estate Investors
Ron Harris is part of the REIA group as well as here on BP and is the one to so kindly share this information with all new investors in the OKC area. He is a local real estate mentor and business coach in the area, and is always open to teaching new investors.
I hope this helps with your real estate journey! I look forward to meeting you at some of the meet ups!
Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
9y
@Quintin Jones, Welcome! feel free to reach out and ask any questions you might have. I am a buy and hold investor in Oklahoma City, love to talk real estate
Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
9y
Thanks Michael Clayborne for the extended list of events here in the city. I only knew out about the REIA meetings but rest the I'll check into. Thanks again I appreciate the information. Looking forward on meeting you as well.
Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
9y
@Deborah Burian Thanks for reaching out. Since I'm new, I'm interested in all aspects of real estate investing and how buy and hold investing works coming from someone such as yourself to see if it's something I would want to do starting out or in the future.
Real Estate Agent · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 8 votes
9y
Welcome @Quintin Jones!! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions I could help with. I've been a realtor for a couple of years, but am new to REI myself.