Rental Property Investor · NJ · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 32 votes
Hey all, I'm new to the BP real estate investing community, so introducing myself!
I live in Santa Monica and work in Hollywood...but my time is increasingly focused on researching and reading about real estate. AND, I have a question...
How do I best position my newly started investment club for success and consistent investing activity?
In 3 months I started a 30+ person club with $1mm+ in pooled capital. It's a bunch of LA & NYC professionals, incl members with legitimate real estate investing experience as well as newbies like myself (I'm really good at bringing people together and have a very strong professional network).
Our meeting agendas focus on (1) Self education (2) Market trend identification and (3) lead sharing. I need help on making our time together most impactful. We're off to a good start but I know we can be better.
Any others have experience starting investing clubs and turning them into professionally run orgs?
Investor · Papillion, NE · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 31 votes
9y
Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Christopher Erwin. To quote Zig Ziglar, you can have everything in life you want if you just help enough other people get what they want.
Identifying each members' goals and your definition of a successful club would seem like a good start.
No direct experience here, but there are a ton of REIC hosts on the site that can give you guidance.