• Wholesaler
  • Newark, NJ
Votes |
US Navy Veteran turned Investor

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Newark, NJ
Posted Dec 2 2016, 09:08

Hi guys, my real estate experience is diverse. I began investing in real estate while serving in the US Navy. During this time I began wholesaling properties and later flipping. After the Navy I joined a Commercial Real Estate firm where I learned the land brokerage and land development business. So as I said...my background is diverse. 

I relocated to NYC a few years out of the Navy to complete my undergraduate degree at New York University. I'm currently reside just outside of Newark, NJ. After my time at NYU, I joined a prominent investment sales firm in Midtown NYC. This experience introduced me to the world of multifamily/mixed use building brokerage. While there I learned some key concepts that helped me learned how to underwrite properties, structure deals and identify key sources of equity. I built a database of 1,200 property owners, investors and developers in my market. My primary focus was Upper Manhattan, Harlem specifically. 

I left the investment sales firm to begin investing for my own account. I'm currently interested in doing deals in primarily in Newark, the Oranges as well as the right opportunities in NYC/Harlem. I'm open to working with partners with integrity who have a similar business plan of buying and holding; flipping and wholesaling. I've also been speaking to the city regarding development opportunities in emerging areas - this is a third area of focus. 

Ironically, most of database consist of owner/investors who look to deploy large sums of money - $5M+ so my database of investors who do less capital intensive is much smaller. Let's talk. 

Loading replies...