New member from Columbia, Pennsylvania

New member from Columbia, Pennsylvania

Lancaster, PA · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 5 votes

Hi BP community! My name is Jonathan Lehman. I'm from Columbia, PA.  My wife and I have been married for 10 years and we have 3 boys.  I've had an interest in real estate investing for a while now, but have yet to really get into it.  When we bought our house we intentionally searched for a property with a rental possibility.  We found a property with a house and a separate 1 BR apartment building.  After rehabbing the 1 BR apartment, we rented it out and it helps to pay most of the mortgage.  

My profession is a heavy equipment operator in excavation.  I mainly operate excavators and backhoes.  I've been in this field for 14 years and really enjoy it, but when I am ready to retire, I want to be able to.  I'd say my goal in real estate as of now is to be able to retire in 5 years.  I would like to begin by doing at least 1 flip this next year. 

I just have to say a big thank you to Josh Dorkin for starting BP.  (I feel like I know both you and Brandon from listening to your podcasts.)  This is such an awesome idea, to create a place where like minded people can help each other and learn from one another.  There is such a wealth of knowledge here.  I know I've barely scratched the surface.  And I look forward to meeting many of you in the BP community!

4Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 529 posts · 217 votes
9y
Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:

@Jonathan Lehman - on the third Thursday of the month there is one at the Lancaster Bible College, and I believe @Christian Bors hosts one in York County.

 I am the current president of CARPOA (Camp hill).  We meet the first Thursday of every month.  January is usually one of our biggest meetings.  Mark Wetzel, a local CPA, speaks to our group about taxes.  You should try to attend if possible.  Send me a PM if you want more information.

I try to attend several meetings a month, including the one at Lancaster bible college.  I would strongly recommend attending that meeting since its in your back yard.  I really enjoy that group.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.