Flipper · Jackson, WY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
Hello!!
I'm new to BP, and looking for some insight. I did a few SFR fix and flips right before and during the last housing bubble and went it popped I became discouraged with investing in real estate, but I knew one day I would return. In doing quite a bit of research allot has changed since then and that's how I came across BP. I'm looking for the right vehicle to get back into real estate and with so may "Guru's" out there trying to sell you something it's become a bit overwhelming to figure out what is working now. Initially I'd like to build up some cash flow and it sounds like Wholesaling might be the way to go? I've also read about Tax Liens, Overages, Etc. as the best way to start building cash flow? Any feedback or experiences in any of these areas? Does anyone have any experience with Cody Sperber / Clever Investor and his mentoring program?
Flipper/Rehabber · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 807 posts · 815 votes
9y
I wholesale in Sacramento. Let me just say that wholesaling is very easy to get into but very difficult to accomplish. You not only have to know knowledge about rehab but you'll need to know how to market effectively to your sellers.
There are a number of paths you can take:
1. Since you have experience with flips, you could contact your local "good" wholesalers and try to get deals to flip.
2. You could start investing in multifamily buy-and-hold.
3. You could wholesale.
There's so much more which I don't even know about like new construction and retail. Maybe start by listening to BP podcasts and see what interests you the most.