Newbie entrepreneur from Los Angeles area.

Newbie entrepreneur from Los Angeles area.

Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hello everybody,

My name is Kaitlin, or Kait for short. I am a newbie starting out in the real estate business. I am a wholesaler that seeks out deals wherever possible. I still have lots to learn, but I'm ready and willing to learn - real estate has always been an interest of mine; but I've never really known how to go about getting into the business. I plan to eventually do rehabs, buy and hold properties for positive cash flow, and currently am working the wholesaling aspect of real estate. 

The members on here seem to be very nice, active, and friendly people. I would love to network with some of you guys, and definitely could use all the advice and help I can get. I am seeking to network in order to meet new contacts, other investors, buyers, recommendations, or anything I can get to help me with this exciting new venture. I look forward to hearing back from you guys. I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

- Kait

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Trexie E.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
9y

Hi @Kaitlin D.

Welcome to BP! We're happy to have you here and making connections! If you have questions all about BP, please feel free to reach out and I would be glad to help you! Happy Investing!

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    Hi @Kaitlin D.

    Welcome to BP! We're happy to have you here and making connections! If you have questions all about BP, please feel free to reach out and I would be glad to help you! Happy Investing!

    BiggerPockets
  • Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thanks Trexie,

    Happy to be here, and looking forward to meeting and making connections with the great people on here! And thank you, I will be sure to reach out to you if I think of any questions!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Kaitlin D.

    Welcome to the BP family! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thanks for the warm welcome! I also thank you for the tips and advice! I'm sure it will come in handy as I learn the ropes of this website. I also appreciate the links to the guides and podcasts, I will be sure to check them out ASAP! 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Kaitlin D.

    Welcome, Kaitlin. Looks like we're in the same area.

    Occasionally I'll wholesale something if my capital is all tied up. The best lesson I've learned is to treat my select investors like gold. The market is competitive enough as is, so I save them the hassle and send them a deal with unofficial exclusivity. Meaning, I'll send them a deal that fits their standards like a glove and give them all of the information upfront so they need only confirm it and give me a yes or no. 

    This method is rare in the business and will quickly earn you a lot of respect. 

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kaitlin D.:

    Hello everybody,

    My name is Kaitlin, or Kait for short. I am a newbie starting out in the real estate business. I am a wholesaler that seeks out deals wherever possible. I still have lots to learn, but I'm ready and willing to learn - real estate has always been an interest of mine; but I've never really known how to go about getting into the business. I plan to eventually do rehabs, buy and hold properties for positive cash flow, and currently am working the wholesaling aspect of real estate. 

    The members on here seem to be very nice, active, and friendly people. I would love to network with some of you guys, and definitely could use all the advice and help I can get. I am seeking to network in order to meet new contacts, other investors, buyers, recommendations, or anything I can get to help me with this exciting new venture. I look forward to hearing back from you guys. I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

    - Kait

    Hello and welcome!

    This is a great place to get started! Are you going to be looking in different markets, or are you staying in CA? Best of luck to you!

  • West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2016 · 235 posts · 72 votes
    9y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, @Kaitlin D.

    BP is loaded with all the information you will need to succeed in whatever niche of real estate investing you wish to pursue and the community is filled with knowledgeable investors and professionals to learn from and connect with.

    Listen to the podcast for extra inspiration and investing advice and post in the forum for any questions you have.

    Like you, I am living in Los Angeles, but I focus on investing out of state for the 3x cash flow and reasonable cost of real estate. Wholesaling can be a great way to earn a living helping other investors find deals. Unfortunately, wholesalers have a bad name to a lot of investors so make sure to find legitimate deals with accurate rehab numbers and actual comps that Realtors and appraisers would use.

    If you run across any local investors looking to find property in Florida in the future, I'm here to help. 

    Good luck on your journey!

    - Brad

  • Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Tom Ott Hello Tom, and thank you for the welcome. I am going to be looking at a few different markets, I will be trying Ohio, California, Florida, Arizona, and New York. I want to work various markets all over the country. I am open to trying different markets and learning the ins and outs of each state's market. I see you're from Ohio - which is actually where I am originally from, so I'm pretty familiar with the market there. My partner and I currently have a property under contract that we're co-wholesaling in Ohio right now actually. We should hopefully have the deal finished very soon. If you're in the Ohio market, I'd love to speak with you further and connect with you!

    @Bradley De comarmond I appreciate the advice Brad, and I am definitely going to use this website to my benefit. I love that it is so easy to meet and connect with people on this website. I am also looking in the Florida area for investing, so we could definitely connect and hopefully make some good things happen together! I look forward to networking with you further.

    Happy Monday to the both of you!

    Kait

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP. Glad to have you on here.

    Advice for this site...

    1) Set up keywords for your area and interests so that you're notified when they're used and then start interacting.

    2) Read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide

    3) Go through applicable blogs and podcasts as there are a lot of great resources

    Advice for REI...

    1) Study up on what you need to know/do for the 1st step and then do it, then repeat for all following steps until you have completed your first investment then repeat the process and keep learning. (this will help keep you from getting distracted or overwhelmed)

    2) Attend look meetups in your area (look here and here) and start connecting with investors.

    Just some thoughts. All the best!

  • Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Brett Snodgrass Thank you for the welcome message and for your recommendations! I have joined quite a few of the meetup groups in the Los Angeles area, and have been on there actively trying to network with others and get recommendations from them as well. I will definitely be sure to check out some podcasts and blogs for inspiration, ideas, and anything I may need help with or need help to better understand. I have set up a few keywords for my area, but I definitely do need to interact with some more people from these posts. Thanks again for the tips and help, I appreciate it!

    Warm regards,

    Kait

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.