Newbie from queens , New York

Newbie from queens , New York

Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 150 posts · 26 votes
Hey BP community ! I'm Faysal From Queens, New York , I'm a complete newbie when it comes this real estate and real estate investing but I'm only 22 and very eager to learn as much as I can . A little back round on me , unfortunately I'm currently in a position when school isn't an option (both my parents don't work, I pay rent,food,bills,etc etc ) at 22 and currently working a dead end job at a pizzeria isn't going to get me the financial freedom I desire so bad. I'm interested in everything real estate , wether flipping or buying and holding(rental income/cash flow) , I'm currently working towards building my credit as well as perusing a real estate license in order to get a better understand of the whole real estate market . I'm looking for a mentor , or experienced investors I can work with and learn from. I have $30,000 saved up , but that doesn't get you much in New York City , so looking to invest in areas close by (tri-state) . Any feedback on steps I should be taking , things I should be learning would be greatly appreciated ! I hope to talk to some of you soon ! Thanks for reading !
3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Shawn AckermanPro Member
Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

@Faysal Alam you are in a great position presently. I'd suggest identifying your niche then attacking it. If your lookimg for long term wealth then buy and hold may be a good strategy. I'm also from NYC more specifically from brooklyn NY. I have grown a sizeable rental portfolio in an out of state market in the mid-west. Anything you want is attainable. You must first see it then achieve it. Best of luck to you on your journey. Always remember to persist and you will WIN!!!

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New York City, NY · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Howdy! I'm also from Queens and new to Bigger Pockets. Glad that we are in this adventure together! "Queens gets the money!" as they say haha. Best of luck! :)

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 150 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Jane Wish I'd love to meet up for coffee sometime and talk real estate

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 150 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @John Hickey I recently tried to attend an event , but it they registered more people than seats available . I will try again next week, from others I hear it takes very long to get fully approved by them

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.