Hobby investor from northwest Louisiana

Hobby investor from northwest Louisiana

Investor · LA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 7 votes

Hi everyone! Super excited to join the Bigger Pockets community as I have SO much to learn! I am hoping to F.I.R.E. in the near future and plan for REI to be a part of my overall income strategy. I currently have 2 rental properties along with another vacant piece of land I'm looking to develop, and also own my primary residence. Hoping to add 3-5 buy and hold properties to my portfolio over the next year and would like to complete 1-2 flips per year upon F.I.R.E. I'm not looking for REI to take over my life nor am I looking to make a gazillion dollars. Would simply like some steady, dependable income as part of an early retirement strategy.

By day, I'm an accomplished sales executive and by night I love to dream about REI and also blog. Currently reno'ing (what will be) my primary residence...a 1926 Acadian style cottage that was basically falling down upon my purchase. I love Jesus, travel and playing tennis.

Would love to connect with other REIs in the north Louisiana area. 

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
9y

Welcome Sara!!! You have found the right place for excellent advice. I am in Lake Charles and the REI and rental activity is unprecedented!!!! I am an oil and gas executive by day and have been investing in commercial, residential, land and land development for 30 years. Be glad to help if need it here in the LC area.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ruston, LA · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 53 votes
    9y

    Hey Sara!  Welcome to BP! You and I seem to have very similar goals and hobbies. We are also neighbors, I live in Ruston!

    I'm an IT director by day and an investor by night. I'm writing usually letters to property owners, looking at property online, or in excel crunching numbers. I'm a couple years in on REI but just finished my first flip and have a few rentals.

    Let me know if you ever need anything or would like to discuss north Louisiana investing.

  • Investor · LA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Hi @Brent Causey! Cool! Yes looks like we are in similar positions! Do keep in touch and I'll do the same, neighbor. 

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi Sara,

    Pleasure meeting you. What is the vacancy rate in  Minden?

  • Investor · LA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Hi Bridgette! Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm just beginning to research that. All my income properties are in other areas. It seems like both rentals and purchases get snatched up pretty quickly. I'll bounce back when I know more. 

  • Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Welcome Sara!!! You have found the right place for excellent advice. I am in Lake Charles and the REI and rental activity is unprecedented!!!! I am an oil and gas executive by day and have been investing in commercial, residential, land and land development for 30 years. Be glad to help if need it here in the LC area.

  • Investor · LA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Oh thank you @Arthur Cook!  I'll mostly be looking for properties in N. La, but I may definitely reach out with questions. :) Glad to hear all is well with you! 

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi  Arthur I am interested in investing in the Lake Charles area and also Raceland and Matthews area in Louisiana.

  • Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Bridgette Roberson, I don't know how to send a private message here so if you do, please send me a note and I will shoot you my contact info as well. Be glad to help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.