New Real Estate Investor in Chicago

New Real Estate Investor in Chicago

Commercial Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes

Hi BP -  I am based in Chicago and just really getting started in real estate investing.  I have been around real estate for many years but just finally took the leap to purchase our first flip.  I work a W2 job for a large commercial real estate services company and licensed real estate broker and do some residential sales on the side.

The things that I am interested in from BP is similar to what it seems others say as well but going to say nonetheless:

- Network -  looking to connect with GCs and build my book of people to work on our deals

- Financing options - Currently cash financing first flip but looking to understand all options for hard money lending

- Find deals - so competitive in Chicago - so looking to have some good off market deals.  Also very interested in Milwaukee area as well

Look forward to connecting with everyone!  So much content on here and so many amazing stories it is so motivational everyday!

1Reply
19 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 438 posts · 193 votes
    9y

    Welcome Leslie!  Happy to help however I can :-)

  • Real Estate Entrepreneur / Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 688 posts · 367 votes
    9y
    Hello Leslie. I sent you a PM and email.
  • Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 147 posts · 73 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Leslie Frieze best wishes on the flip. Exciting. In regards to networking opportunities, learning more about financing options and finding deals in the Milwaukee market I would recommend checking out the Brew City Real Estate Investment Meetups held on the third Saturday of the month. 

    It's a great networking opportunity and they invite traditional lenders, hard money lenders and other folks that give presentations about financing options and there are also many seasoned investors who are happy to share their experiences and how to find deals in Milwaukee. 

    Best wishes in the Chicago and Milwaukee markets. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 64 votes
    9y

    hi Leslie! Welcome to BP! Pls check out my profile I'd love to work with you!

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    @Pat Parrillo 

    Thanks for your reply.  I have read through the MKE posts and am planning on attending the Brew City meetups as often as I can.  Appreciate the suggestion and hopefully will connect with you in person soon.

  • Co-Owner · New Berlin, WI · Member since 2017 · 224 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    @Leslie Frieze, @Michael Henry is a really good resource if you are considering the Milwaukee market. He is well connected here locally with real estate investing opportunities, strategies, and contacts. I can help you get your cash out after the purchase so you can buy more, anywhere in Wisconsin. Welcome!

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Leslie Frieze Best of luck to you on your REI journey. There is a ton of talent in the Milwaukee market. If you decide to invest there, Welcome!!

  • Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
    Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Brew City meetup is actually the last Saturday of every month but due to Memorial Day, we will have no Saturday meetup this month.

    Leslie, if I can help you in any way, let me know. Best of luck in your REI adventures.

    Captain Save-A-Home LLC
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.