Newbie from Austin, TX--looking at Lubbock, TX market

Newbie from Austin, TX--looking at Lubbock, TX market

Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Hi!
My name is Jennifer. I'm new to this forum.
My background: I have a rental in Lubbock, TX that we used to live in. I also had a Realtor's license for a short time back then (no money to really pursue, and decided to stay home with kiddos instead). We have had our rental for about 5-6 years now. My husband is gainfully employed and I stay home. We have excellent credit and are looking to slowly buy up rentals over the next years to one day have a retirement income and also to diversity our income so we rely less on my husband's when he needs to change jobs, retire, etc. I am a handy gal, so I would be open to flips after my kids get a little older. Right now we are swimming in activities.

I have a property manager in Lubbock set up that I have worked with for 5-6 years and have spoken to her about the market--she is also going to get me in touch with a long time friend/investor there to chat with.

I'm a studious person--and want to make the right decisions...more of a look before you jump type person. So far our rental in Lubbock does really well and rents to single family rather than students, although Lubbock is a college town.

Anyway, Thought I would say hi and that I look forward to learning more...I'm especially interested in refinancing and understanding that fully. I think we may want to do that with our rental in Lubbock. I'll look to other areas of the community to ask those questions though.



Thanks!

1Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Coupeville, WA · Member since 2011 · 135 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    Hi Jennifer,

    I am interested in buying apartment complexes in Lubbock. I would need a good property manager. Would you mind sharing the name and contact information for your property manager?  Also, if you know of any realtors that specialize in selling apartment complexes to out-of-state investors, I would really appreciate a recommendation.

    Thank you

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    I use Alison Gaut at Westmark Property Management Don't know any Realtors yet that I would recommend.
  • Investor · Kerrville Tx · Member since 2013 · 70 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    Hi Jennifer,

    Welcome to BP. There is a ton of good Free information here about every aspect of REI. Do not be afraid to ask question in the forums or of individuals. Good luck on your adventure.

    Loren Davy

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.