New investor in Pittsburgh, Pa (For Now)

New investor in Pittsburgh, Pa (For Now)

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Raymond Anderson, but most people call me by my middle name "Alex". I wanted to introduce myself to you all. I am a brand new investor currently in the Pittsburgh area, but I am looking to find my first investment property in the Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and New Jersey/New York areas. I am a nomad by choice so that is why I have such a large search area. I am an accountant by trade looking to find multiple streams of income. I, basically, crunch numbers all day and love analyzing deals. Thank you all for providing so much wonderful information and if anyone is having a meet up in the surrounding areas any time soon please let me know!

All the best! 

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Canonsburg, PA · Member since 2016 · 132 posts · 59 votes
9y

Welcome @Raymond Anderson.

As for local meet-ups, you might want to check out the main Pittsburgh REIA meeting tonight. 6PM networking and 7PM meeting - in the North Hills. There's probably a meeting announcement here somewhere on BP, but you can find out more at the website PittsburghREIA.com

There are a lot of sub-groups in REIA as well.

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Uniontown, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Welcome to the site!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Raymond Anderson, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Erie, PA · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hey Raymond! I'm from Erie, nice to have you on the site! If I hear of any meetups/groups locally I'll keep you in mind :)

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thank you @Chris Wakley and @Dave Visaya for the warm welcome. I'm glad to be here! @Chris Wakley do you  invest in Erie, Pa? or do you have ventures and properties elsewhere?

  • Attorney · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 535 posts · 389 votes
    9y
    Welcome. I'm from Erie PA while living in Akron right now. Pittsburgh looks like a nice investment area and is on my list.
  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 821 posts · 255 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Raymond Anderson Alex, Welcome to Biggerpockets. I wish you the best in looking for your first investment property. Connecting with people here is a great way to increase your knowledge and make a deal. Feel free to reach out to me at any time. I have lived in Pittsburgh my whole life, know the area and market very well, and have helped many Investors.....Gary

  • Investor · Canonsburg, PA · Member since 2016 · 132 posts · 59 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Raymond Anderson.

    As for local meet-ups, you might want to check out the main Pittsburgh REIA meeting tonight. 6PM networking and 7PM meeting - in the North Hills. There's probably a meeting announcement here somewhere on BP, but you can find out more at the website PittsburghREIA.com

    There are a lot of sub-groups in REIA as well.

  • Mc Donald, PA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hi Alex.  I'm in the Pittsburgh area as well looking for my first deal too.  If you'd like to talk in more detail PM me and maybe we can trade off ideas and learn from each other. 

  • Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hey Alex,

    I used to live in Pittsburgh. Great area in which I am looking into myself as well.

    Best of luck!

  • Erie, PA · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Raymond Anderson:

    Thank you @Chris Wakley and @Dave Visaya for the warm welcome. I'm glad to be here! @Chris Wakley do you  invest in Erie, Pa? or do you have ventures and properties elsewhere?

     I am just starting out but I plan to invest in Erie, PA and surrounding neighborhoods (North East, Harborcreek, etc.). I am owner-occupying a flat in downtown Erie now and working on finding a second rental property! 

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    That's awesome! I'm hoping to get the opportunity to house hack soon. I'm just looking for the right opportunity 

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Hi Alex! I'm also a newbie in the Pittsburgh area. My boyfriend & I are currently looking to househack in the area as a way to get started in the real estate investing game. We've been looking at properties since the beginning of the year. I plan to attend the next reia meet up in Pittsburgh & am looking to make connections (i.e. Soak up as much knowledge & ideas as I possibly can). Would love to chat & share information!
  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Heather Moore  good to meet you.  If you need help reach out to me. I also hold monthly investor training workshops.

    I am a very active investor, own a property management firm here in Pittsburgh.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Nice to meet you @Heather Moore! I would love the opportunity to exchange ideas. I am looking to househack myself and have really been trying to understand the Pittsburgh market. Hopefully we can meet up sometime and exchange knowledge.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Alex Deacon I am somewhat familiar with property management in the Pittsburgh area but I have not had a chance to understand specifics. If you have any time I would love to pick your brain about using a property management company to help support rental investments.

  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Raymond Anderson PM me and I will give you details on my next workshop. If you come early or stay a little later we can discuss some of your questions etc.. I would budget for property management in your numbers but its not necessary to use a PM company. But at least you have it budgeted for from the beginning.

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 846 votes
    9y

    Hi @Raymond Anderson

    Welcome to the community and I hope to see you at one of the meetings! 

    Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome aboard @Raymond Anderson

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.