Newbie from UTAH in the house! (Utah county)

Newbie from UTAH in the house! (Utah county)

Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
Well it's good to be here. My name is Taylor Hansen and I'm from Spanish fork Utah. Im new to real estate investing, the only property I have under my belt at the moment is my personal residents. Me and my wife are young bucks and both run our own business. My wife trains and sells horses. I run a landscape maintenance business. Our long term goals are to get our business to a place that they are machines and kicks out enough money to consistently invest in multi family properties. I have always leaned towards buy and hold. We will most likely start small with a duplex - 4 plex. But.. long game for me will be larger multi family 100+ units, something that supports to have a good management staff on site. I was turned on to bigger pockets podcast by a friend and have jumped in head first. I have started and #1 and I'm 60 in. I look forward to learning from those who have been there and done that. I excited to get active and offer value any where I can Thanks, Taylor Hansen
3Reply
21 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Taylor Hansen, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 133 votes
    9y

    @Taylor Hansen Welcome to bigger pockets.  We have a large and helpful group here in Utah so you will always have people to bounce ideas off of and often you can see people live at the meetup groups.

    Right now your plan seems vague. Work to flesh it out a bit. How do you plan to finance the multiplex? Will you house hack (live in) or do non-owner occupied? Do you have enough equity in your current property to get a HELOC for investing?

    This is a great place to start and you can go as fast or slow as you need to.  Just be sure to listen to the podcasts and learn all you can.  Good luck!

  • Investor · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hi Taylor, I live in SF too! Small world! I too started with a duplex, then 4plex, and SFH. Good to meet you here!

  • Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Katie Stone small world! That's awesome your just down the street. We will have to meet up some time!
  • Real Estate Agent · Heber, UT · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 46 votes
    9y

    @Taylor Hansen I know I'm a bit late to this thread but welcome to real estate investing! Where does your wife train horses? I've been in the equestrian world in Utah since I was 14, riding is one of my big passions! 

    It'd be awesome to meet up some time, my husband Taylor (same name, ha!) and I live in SLC, but we love getting to know other couples who invest. :) 

  • Developer/Broker · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 41 votes
    9y
    Taylor Hansen good to have you here sir! My wife and I also invest and we both grew up in Spanish Fork. We build a house in Payson last year. We are currently working on acquiring and building more properties. I work in real estate development full-time and I am a licensed real estate broker. I would love to me up sometime.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.