• West Haven, CT
Votes |
Newbie from New Haven, CT working in Shelton/Stratford, CT

Jack Bailin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • West Haven, CT
Posted Jul 4 2017, 17:57

Hi All!

My name is Jack Bailin, and I'm fresh out of college settling in to my first "big boy job" down in Shelton, CT. I live in New Haven, and I'm already making diligent efforts to live as frugally as possible in order to build a bit of savings and get started on my real estate investing journey. 

My current 1 year plan is this: Use the savings I accrue over the next ~6 months from my Software Engineering position to make a down payment on a 2-4 unit multi family property within a 15 mile radius of my workplace (Shelton, CT), and house hack it! I feel like this will give me a good introduction to the world of real estate investing and landlording, and allow me to cut out a big chunk of my living expense (rent) in order to have more capitol to invest in future endeavors.

Being a total newbie, I'm sure I'll need some time to find my niche and see what I enjoy. I plan on trying everything I can; buy and hold, flipping, using the BRRRR strategy, etc. until I find what works best for my long term goals.

I'm 26 years old now, and I am going to become financially free before I'm 35 through real estate, no matter what it takes. That being said, I'll need to start making connections with like minded investors in the New Haven, CT area, as well as realtors, contractors, wholesalers, etc.

Sorry for the word vomit, I'm very excited to get started and I look forward to meeting some motivated investors in my area!

Loading replies...