New Member Looking in the GA Market from Southern CA

New Member Looking in the GA Market from Southern CA

Joshua ThompsonBusiness Member
Accountant · Melissa, TX (Remote) · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 135 votes

Hey BP family!

My name is Joshua Thompson and I am 23 years old. I came across BP from listening to one of their many podcasts on youtube. I'm new to the real estate investing life style. I've been on BP website for about a month now and just yesterday realized I never formally posted in the "New Member Introductions". I currently live in Ventura County, CA but looking at the GA market. My goal here on BP is to learn as much about REI as I can and hopefully find people in either state to network with. I'm currently looking for fixer uppers in C+, B- neighborhoods to slowly build my net worth. I've been pushing my unfair advantage of having a dad whose career was construction and speaking with family who knows the area. I feel and hope that finding BP was the smartest thing I could have done, and soon can say all those hours on youtube weren't a waste. Anyways, thank you all for the useful information thus far and can't wait to learn more from the BP family.

Thompson Tax Group LLC550 Reviews
0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Athens, GA · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 6 votes
9y

@Joshua Thompson I am in the Athens, GA area, home of The University of Georgia. If you are interested in investing in houses in this area, please let me know. 

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 769 votes
    9y

    Welcome Joshua! time spent learning is never a waste, as long as you start taking some action sooner rather than later. Good luck!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Joshua Thompson, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    @Joshua Thompson Welcome to the BP community! Any specific areas in GA that you are looking at?

  • Joshua ThompsonBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Melissa, TX (Remote) · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 135 votes
    9y

    @Kevin Phu Thank you for the welcoming everyone! I'm looking at southern and eastern Atlanta. I also would like to find college housing but further down the line.

    Thompson Tax Group LLC550 Reviews
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    9y

    Hi @Joshua Thompson! Welcome and good luck! Biggerpockets is a great place to learn and get assistance. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums.

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Broker · MI · Member since 2014 · 594 posts · 183 votes
    9y

    Yo @Joshua Thompson what's your reason to invest in those GA? 

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 577 posts · 240 votes
    9y

    Joshua. 

    Glad that you are investing out of state and not down here in SoCal. Just doesn't make sense. Good luck with your journey and let me know if I can be of any help. I invest only out of state and am about the same age as you!

  • Real Estate Professional · Atlanta GA · Member since 2015 · 615 posts · 225 votes
    9y

    Georgia has a great market for REI. Lots of colleges and college students who will need places to live while attending!

    If you are interested, I know a great hard money lender. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Joshua Thompson:

    @Kevin Phu Thank you for the welcoming everyone! I'm looking at southern and eastern Atlanta. I also would like to find college housing but further down the line.

    @Jeff Greenberg Isn't your recent college housing property located in GA?

  • Joshua ThompsonBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Melissa, TX (Remote) · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 135 votes
    9y

    @Scott Matthew C.

    Hey Scott, I chose those areas because I have family living in surrounding cities. They also told me those are the better parts of the GA market. However, I do plan to make a trip down there and take a look. 

    @Antoine Martel

    I'll send you a message and will be in touch. Really appreciate it! I've been looking for as much information as I can get my hands on!

    Thompson Tax Group LLC550 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Blythe, GA · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    I am in Augusta, GA which is southeast of Atlanta. If you are interested in finding anything in those areas let me know and I will do my best to hook you up.

  • Joshua ThompsonBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Melissa, TX (Remote) · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 135 votes
    9y

    @Susanna B.

    Awesome Susanna! I just sent you a connect request!

    Thompson Tax Group LLC550 Reviews
  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Kevin Phu yes we are outside of Macon.  @Joshua Thompson come by our Thousand Oaks REI club so we can meet.

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    @Joshua Thompson I am in the Athens, GA area, home of The University of Georgia. If you are interested in investing in houses in this area, please let me know. 

  • Joshua ThompsonBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Melissa, TX (Remote) · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 135 votes
    9y

    @Jeff Greenberg Thank you, I won't miss it!

    @Jonathan Malnati  

    Thank you, everyone, for the welcome and the connections. The REI world is certainly not the world you can conquer on your own.

    Thompson Tax Group LLC550 Reviews
  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    You don't need to conquer it to reach your goals.  With a little help from the community and a lot of effort on your part, you can reach your dreams.

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Joshua Thompson:

    Hey BP family!

    My name is Joshua Thompson and I am 23 years old. I came across BP from listening to one of their many podcasts on youtube. I'm new to the real estate investing life style. I've been on BP website for about a month now and just yesterday realized I never formally posted in the "New Member Introductions". I currently live in Ventura County, CA but looking at the GA market. My goal here on BP is to learn as much about REI as I can and hopefully find people in either state to network with. I'm currently looking for fixer uppers in C+, B- neighborhoods to slowly build my net worth. I've been pushing my unfair advantage of having a dad whose career was construction and speaking with family who knows the area. I feel and hope that finding BP was the smartest thing I could have done, and soon can say all those hours on youtube weren't a waste. Anyways, thank you all for the useful information thus far and can't wait to learn more from the BP family.

     Welcome to the community, connect with me if you'd like, I'm in Athens GA been here for a while looking to expand in to fix and flips. Let me know how I can help. 

  • Joshua ThompsonBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Melissa, TX (Remote) · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 135 votes
    9y

    @Georgui Kasaev Thank you! I sent you a request.

    Thompson Tax Group LLC550 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.