New to bigger pockets from Atlanta Georgia

New to bigger pockets from Atlanta Georgia

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes

Excited to be a new member to bigger pockets. I am committed to being a life long learner and I love the spirit of helping others exhibited on bigger pockets. My first deal was a triplex in Mesa AZ in 1999 after getting out of the Marine Corps. I have been hooked every since and I am now up to 25 single family properties, 1 commercial building, and 3 flips in progress. I love real estate and helping others. Glad to be a part of the bigger pockets community!

4Reply
6 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Doug McVinuaPro Member
    Property Manager · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2016 · 608 posts · 426 votes
    9y

    @Melvin Music Welcome to BP, you have some great experience to share!

    Thank you for serving our great country!

  • Short Term Rental: Realtor, Investor, Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 138 posts · 85 votes
    9y

    @Melvin Music thank you for your services and welcome to BP sir!  Let me know if I can ever be of any help.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    @dougmcvinua Thanks. Not sure if he is still around but Dick Davis with Realty Executives was my realtor in AZ and he was a wealth of information. I think he was a realtor for 25 years in that market. He may be a great contact for you if you're interested. Also, my mortgage broker was Paul Parshly with Desert Heritage mortgage. He always knew how to make deals work on the financing side. Best of luck to you, Phoenix was my first real estate market and I will always remember it fondly.
  • Real Estate Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    You have been a busy investor, what type of Commercial Real Estate interests you?

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Melvin Music

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    @rickferguson I have a 9750 SqFt commercial office/warehouse building in Snellville that I own currently and rent to a Plumbing and A/C company. I am sure I will eventually but some apartments at some point. Thanks.
  • Real Estate Agent · Blythe, GA · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    That is awesome! I am relatively new to the field and looking to build up our business in Augusta, GA. Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y
  • Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2015 · 313 posts · 207 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP! There are 3 REIAs in Atlanta and a few of the subgroups focus on commercial properties. Apartments have been bid up in the metro area but there are other opportunities in commercial properties. Good luck!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 25 votes
    9y
    Melvin Music welcome to BP! I'm in Atlanta as well and would love to connect. You have a wealth of experience that I'd love to learn from!
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Adam Meadows@Stan Sugarman Thanks guys. I am looking to attend the GA REIA general meeting on the 14th. Never been to one before. Love to connect with you both.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    @Melvin Music I just registered for the 14th! Hope to see you there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.