Investors/Wholesalers in Austin, TX

Investors/Wholesalers in Austin, TX

Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello - 

My name is Roger Plummer and I'm new to the Bigger Pockets site! I found BP through some online searches looking for RE investing information a few weeks ago and would like to find some other investors/wholesalers here in Austin. 

Currently I work for an online marketing company as a Director of Sales.  Director of Sales Enablement (in charge of all scripting and training); and while it's a great job, I don't want to be there forever. Previously, I was in Real Estate from 2002 to 2009 working for a developer in SC selling custom building lots and loved it. It taught me how to sell and during that time, we did very well. But based on the year, we got it hard by the market so I got out. 

Growing up, my father owned a sales and marketing company that specialized in putting together programs for RE developers to sell timeshare, whole ownership condos, and lots which is how I got into the industry. We did direct mail and had calls come into a call center which I worked in since I was 8 years old. Needless to say, I'm  well versed on the phones. 

Based on my background and skill set, I'm looking to get into wholesaling as I don't have cash for a rental. My goal is to first be able to wholesale enough property to be able to pay cash for  properties to flip or buy and hold. 

From what I've gathered through BP podcasts, blogs, and forum posts, finding local like-minded individuals is critical to success. So if you are in Austin, and you're flipping, wholesaling, or buying, let me know! I'd love to connect and get started asap. 

Thanks,
Roger P. 

1Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets Roger. You can find local Austin members by connecting here https://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 46 votes
    9y

    Hi Roger, welcome!  I am new to Austin but have been RE investing for a couple of years now.  I have been going to a lot of meet ups recently looking to network as well, hopefully I will see you out.  If you need help or have questions feel free to reach out.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    welcome to the club

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.