New to BiggerPockets

New to BiggerPockets

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes

Hi Everyone,

I've been registered on BiggerPockets for a few months now, but haven't really had a chance to get active.  I'm looking to purchase buy, hold and rent single family and multi-family properties in the Chicagoland (IL) and Milwaukee (WI) areas.  My first property was my primary residence in Chicago, and I'm hoping to make another purchase by the end of the year.  I've been searching for a few months now, but have not had much luck in this market.  Bidding wars are routine and it seems like the good deals come and go within days.

I'm looking for a couple of things:

1.  Suggestions on how a new investor can start marketing for exposure to deals and contacts?

2.  Networking in Chicago - where/how did you find a reliable contractor/handyman/other key players?  I'm also interested in meeting experienced investors that would be interested in working together on future investments.

A little about myself:

I moved from Florida to Chicago about 7 years ago and currently work in Finance at an investment bank downtown.  I recently received my Illinois Real Estate License and am sponsored by a local brokerage.  I've had a passion for real estate for quite some time now and am itching to get a deal done this year.  Given that this is my first investment property (outside of my primary residence), I'm looking to start small to get some experience with the process and taking on the role of landlord.  I hope to become more aggressive after that.

Looking forward to meeting you all and appreciate the feedback in advance.

Best,

Ankit

1Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Batavia, IL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 7 votes
9y
I'd be happy to show you some purchase opportunities. Expert in the western suburbs. Message me
See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    @Ankit B. Hey Ankit, Ping me if you want to connect... We are new flippers/wholesalers in Chicago but have access to a couple networks with turnkey properties. Either way we are always looking to network and grow! Welcome to BP, its amazing. 

    Maria

  • Investor · Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2014 · 434 posts · 185 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Maria C Quimpo! It would be great to connect some time and hear about your experiences thus far. I'm looking to meet others in the industry as well.

    @Scot Howat thank you!

  • Investor · Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2014 · 434 posts · 185 votes
    9y

    There's a Cashflow Game night in Lombard on the 3rd Thursday of the month at McDonald's.

    CAREIA.org for the details

    There's a lot of people to meet there.  It's a good place to start and learn for free

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.