Wanting to start investing in North Carolina.

Wanting to start investing in North Carolina.

Residential Real Estate Broker · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 1 vote
Hello! Learned about the site from the best real estate advice podcast (highly recommend checking it out). My name is Nat Birdsong. I am a full-time real estate broker in the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina. I currently work as the Broker-in-charge for a 45 agent firm. I've had good success in real estate and I want to take my knowledge into personal investing. Still learning as much as I can but I'm actively looking for that first deal. Still need some research/advice into some creative financing options. Looking forward to learning from and talking to everyone in this community. Thanks!
1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Adam SchneiderPro Member
Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 955 posts · 639 votes
9y

@Nathaniel Birdsong I recommend you attend the local REIA and the Greensboro Deal Maker Sessions to network with like-minded REIs.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP Nathaniel! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 602 posts · 250 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @Nathaniel Birdsong!

  • Adam SchneiderPro Member
    Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 955 posts · 639 votes
    9y

    @Nathaniel Birdsong I recommend you attend the local REIA and the Greensboro Deal Maker Sessions to network with like-minded REIs.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks @Adam Schneider, I will check into both of those. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chapel Hill, NC · Member since 2017 · 144 posts · 89 votes
    9y

    Hi Nathaniel -

    Congrats for being the BIC for a 45 agent office. That's a lot of responsibility! Because of that, you may more connected than you realize. I'd suggest talking to loan officers at the smaller local banks in the Triad - they will have more flexibility in their underwriting criteria than the big banks, might be willing to spend more time with you assembling a good loan if he or she feels a relationship can develop, and will be more in touch with the local marketplace. They may even know of active deals to share with you. Ask folks in your real estate orbit - closing attorneys, other agents, investors - for referrals. I'd gravitate to loan officers with deep roots to the community, i.e. grew up there, attended school there, on local boards. Folks are usually happy to share positive banking experiences with others. You'll get a few names pretty quickly.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks @Greg Fitch, I will definitely start connecting more seriously with the local banks. 

  • Michael SpinePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Holly Springs, NC · Member since 2010 · 53 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Nathaniel Birdsong

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.