New investor from Glastonbury, CT (Hartford County)

New investor from Glastonbury, CT (Hartford County)

Realtor · Glastonbury, CT · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 44 votes

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. 

My name is Vlad, and I would like to introduce myself.

I live in Glastonbury, CT (Hartford County), and I would like to become a real estate investor. Currently, I am learning what I can about RE investing, learning nearby markets, reading Brandon's recommended books on investing in real estate and buying houses with no money down (just started reading, actually).

Until recently, I've been working full time job (I am the tax guy), but was laid off less than two weeks ago when the newly hired CFO decided to outsource my job!

I see this as an opportunity to spend more time learning about real estate investing and networking with fellow investors, while looking for a new job replacement. As a downside, in addition to lost income, this loss of a job will likely make it harder to obtain financing. Regardless, I am going to stay positive and keep on learning.

All the best.

Vlad

2Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · New Britain, CT · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 28 votes
8y

@Vlad K.Hey! Welcome aboard. We all have our story how we got into real estate. 

The way I see that, a series of events need to happen to get you where you need to be. If building wealth with real estate takes getting laid off. So be it! I had a big shift after some serious personal events myself. 

And now I could not be happier that happened. I would have never got my license, never start educating myself, never pulled the trigger, and now 6 months into that we have 3 projects going on!

You will be fine, I find RE to be very exciting! 

See you around!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · New Britain, CT · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    @Vlad K.Hey! Welcome aboard. We all have our story how we got into real estate. 

    The way I see that, a series of events need to happen to get you where you need to be. If building wealth with real estate takes getting laid off. So be it! I had a big shift after some serious personal events myself. 

    And now I could not be happier that happened. I would have never got my license, never start educating myself, never pulled the trigger, and now 6 months into that we have 3 projects going on!

    You will be fine, I find RE to be very exciting! 

    See you around!

  • Realtor · Glastonbury, CT · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    @Alex Dem Hi Alex. Thank you for the encouragement! When one door closes, another opens up. That's the way things work. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Vlad K., love the positive attitude and sorry to hear about your job. Real estate investing is the way to go, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise! BP has great resources.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Vlad K., welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Realtor · Glastonbury, CT · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    @Matt Motil and @Dave Visaya . Hi Matt and Dave. Thank you for the welcome. Will try to stick around and learn. Might even take some action before year-end. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.