Looking to Invest In an Owner-Occupy MFH

1 Reply

Hello,

I am relatively new to the REI strategies but am ready to learn and to begin investing. I currently have a W2 job and would have extra time/money to begin my portfolio. I real like the concept of house hacking my way to financial freedom. My plan is to continue the W2 route while also obtaining RE. I am located in the Central Wisconsin area, Wausau specifically. In this area, it is not uncommon to find properties under 90K that meet both the 1% rule and the 50% rule on paper. I have been running a lot of numbers and some properties look good. 

Were I have been struggling is finding a MLS agent that can get me into these MFHs. I work a decent amount of hours but am ready to buy now. I am seeking both general advise on house hacking and also specific advise on the area and also MLS agents in the area.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you