New to all of this from Augusta, GA

New to all of this from Augusta, GA

Augusta, GA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes

Hello, 

I'm Naeconda and I am totally new to all things real estate. I am now reading books and listening to the pod casts to try and find out how to get started. I am a respiratory therapist,  married with 3 children and I am looking into wholesale, flips, and rentals for income now, and income later! Looking forward to learning!

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Evans, GA · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 25 votes
8y

Welcome to BP, Naeconda! I hope we see you out at the local investor networking events. The Augusta REIA meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Columbia County Library at 7 PM. We also have another educational group, AORE (The Art of Real Estate) that meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Savannah Rapids Pavilion at 8 AM. Good luck in your journey!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Evans, GA · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP, Naeconda! I hope we see you out at the local investor networking events. The Augusta REIA meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Columbia County Library at 7 PM. We also have another educational group, AORE (The Art of Real Estate) that meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Savannah Rapids Pavilion at 8 AM. Good luck in your journey!

  • Augusta, GA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Wow awesome!!! Thanks for telling me about this. I am definitely going to make it out to some of those meetings!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Naeconda Ivey:

    Hello, 

    I'm Naeconda and I am totally new to all things real estate. I am now reading books and listening to the pod casts to try and find out how to get started. I am a respiratory therapist,  married with 3 children and I am looking into wholesale, flips, and rentals for income now, and income later! Looking forward to learning!

     Welcome to the site Naeconda. 

    Tons of great Real Estate info here on BP. Close to 1 million members here with tons of expertise on most every topic in the Real Estate space. So don't be shy about asking any questions you may have in the forums. Feel free to tag me in any questions & i'll try to drop by & offer up some advice.

    Good luck to you & i'll see you around the forums.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Naeconda Ivey welcome! I just purchased my first rental property in Augusta! I live in San Diego but travel to Augusta/Thomson to visit my family. If you need recommendations for contractions I’ll be happy to help.

    @Joel C. do the REI group ever live stream the meetings. I'm Interested in joining and virtually attending. I have questions about tax delinquent properties that will be auctioned off in March in Richmond County.

  • Rental Property Investor · Evans, GA · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed, we don't live-stream meetings yet, but we've considered doing it for members. I'll let you know if that changes, but the best place to stay up-to-date on it would be following the Facebook page. 

  • Augusta, GA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Nikita, thanks!!! I will definitely be reaching out. Hope you and your family are doing well!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hello Naeconda, I too am looking to invest in Augusta. Since I'm stationed overseas, it's a challenge to find income generating properties before they're under contract. I've been working with a realtor and looking for tenant-occupied properties but I've noticed properties that are listed under$50K produces the best ROI but it's difficult to finance those type of properties. How's the rental/flip market right now and have you been able to find investment partners?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.