New member looking to start investing in Augusta, GA

New member looking to start investing in Augusta, GA

Augusta, GA, GA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeffery Guerra and I am a fairly new BP member. I learned about BP while reading a book about real estate investing. I currently serve active duty in the US Army. I live in hawaii right now and will be moving to Augusta, GA in a couple of months. I have followed the forums occasionally while I was on a deployment. Now that I am back and will be moving to Augusta, GA. I bought a condo here in Hawaii not really having any goals for it. My thought process at the time was that it was cheaper to buy than rent here on Hawaii. I am actually going to begin the selling process of my condo soon and that’s where I started getting interested in real estate. I house hacked this apartment the entire time I lived here. I had never heard of house hacking while doing it but it was popular to rent out rooms here in Hawaii. I was thinking it was a great thing to do financially, especially because I was not using that room. I am now looking to sell and have noticed that the properties appreciation has gone up in the three years I’ve owned it.

I am excited to contribute to the forums, learn from all the experienced people in this community and connect with any investors in the Augusta, GA region. From everything I read I feel like I want to get into multi-family properties. I am a beginner and would take any and all advice when it comes to investing in properties. Thanks in advance for all your help

Very Respectfully,

Jeff 

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Evans, GA · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP, @Jeffery Guerra! You're definitely PCSing to a great area for real estate investing - the market is great, and we have an awesome community of support to help folks learn the ropes. I hope I see you out at a local REIA meeting as soon as you get into town.

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    @Jeffery Guerra Hey Jeff! Welcome to BP. Good luck on your real estate investing journey. There's tons of free info on here and helpful members that are always willing to share. 

    Regarding your condo, you made a great decision to buy and house hack when you did. If you're looking to sell and your condo is on Oahu, I can definitely help you out and give you info on the process. Is keeping the condo as a long-term rental not an option? Its hard to cash-flow here and if your unit is even close to break-even there's arguments to be made for trying to keep it. I can give you a breakdown for both scenarios if you're interested. Feel free to message me directly. Thanks and good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP,  @Jeffery Guerra.  You'll find the area is good for SFH in Columbia County. I haven't found many multi-families in Columbia County. Good job on house hacking in Hawaii.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.