Newbie Investor from Virginia Beach, Va

Newbie Investor from Virginia Beach, Va

Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Hello my name is Larry and my wife and I are new to BP and rei. We are planning to start attending the local reia meetings here in the hampton roads area.

We both currently work full time and outside of buying our primary residence have no rei experience. We are looking to begin by flipping a few single family properties to build up cash to invest in multi family properties. 

Our long term goal is buy and hold in order to generate some additional retirement income. Being that we do not have 20-30% to put down on an investment property we are hoping to network and partner with other investors in the Virginia Beach or Norfolk area. 

We look forward to networking in the BP community and learning as much as we can along our journey. 

Thanks!

1Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Yorktown, VA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
8y

@Larry Wilson Welcome!

I am in the same boat but looking at multiplex's and VA Loans. I arrive there in a few days actually! I'll shoot you a pm!

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Yorktown, VA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Larry Wilson Welcome!

    I am in the same boat but looking at multiplex's and VA Loans. I arrive there in a few days actually! I'll shoot you a pm!

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Andrew. Nice to meet you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2017 · 295 posts · 229 votes
    8y
    Larry Wilson welcome! I was born and raised in VB and miss it dearly. Definitely feel free to reach out in regards to different areas of VB or Norfolk.
  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Amy. Thank you. I will definitely be reaching out to you. We are looking at the Norfolk area as the properties are priced more within our range than Virginia Beach.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Larry Wilson:

    Hello my name is Larry and my wife and I are new to BP and rei. We are planning to start attending the local reia meetings here in the hampton roads area.

    We both currently work full time and outside of buying our primary residence have no rei experience. We are looking to begin by flipping a few single family properties to build up cash to invest in multi family properties. 

    Our long term goal is buy and hold in order to generate some additional retirement income. Being that we do not have 20-30% to put down on an investment property we are hoping to network and partner with other investors in the Virginia Beach or Norfolk area. 

    We look forward to networking in the BP community and learning as much as we can along our journey. 

    Thanks!

     Welcome to the site Larry. There is a wealth of knowledge here on BP. With close to 1M members there is sure to be somebody who has an expertise in whatever it is that your doing so don't be afraid to hit the forums & ask questions. Feel free to tag me in any questions & i'll pop by the thread & offer some advice on the topic.

    Good luck to you & i'll see you around the forums.

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Thanks James. My wife and are are from Ohio. We still have a lot of family in the Dayton area. Once we get established investing we may consider some long distance deals back in Ohio.

  • Ozzy SmithPro Member
    Specialist · Dayton, OH · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 265 votes
    8y

    @Larry Wilson and @Andrew K. I’m a local investor in Dayton and have a decent amount of experience and knowledge in dealing with out of area Investments. If you want to talk or get a local opinion on how I’ve done it personally drop me line and I’m always willing to share

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Ozzy. I will do that.

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Larry Wilson

    Welcome to BP Larry.  Best of luck in the journey.

    Stephanie

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Thank you Stephanie.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 274 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    Hey @Larry Wilson and @Andrew K. ! My name is Melanie and I am an investor and Realtor in Norfolk and the surrounding cities. I hope a monthly BP meetup the first Saturday of each month in Ocean View. Keep an eye out for the events, I post them here on BP. We have some great newbies and people "doing it," as I like to say that come to network and learn. Holler if you want to sit down and chat about the investing opportunities here! Are either of you going to the TRIG meeting tomorrow? Let me know because I can get you in for a free meeting, it's usually $20.

    Cheers!

    Melanie

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Melanie. I am definitely interested in meeting and networking with local investors. I will pm you my contact information. 

  • Jonathan JordanPro Member
    Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    @Larry Wilson - Welcome to the area! My family and I are active investors in the Hampton Roads area and are always looking to make connections!

    @Melanie McDaniel - I will have to do a better job of keeping an eye out for the monthly BP meet up! 

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hey Jonathan nice to meet you. My wife and I are looking to connect with local investors as well.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 274 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    @Melanie McDaniel - I will have to do a better job of keeping an eye out for the monthly BP meet up! 

     @Jonathan Jordan I posted the February meetup! February 3rd at 10:00 am at Coaster Coffee in Ocean View. See you there?!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 274 posts · 117 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan Jordan:

    @Larry Wilson - Welcome to the area! My family and I are active investors in the Hampton Roads area and are always looking to make connections!

    @Melanie McDaniel - I will have to do a better job of keeping an eye out for the monthly BP meet up! 

     The next meetup is this Saturday at 10:00 at Coaster Coffee in Ocean View! The topic is money--hard money and mortgage lender speakers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.