Newbie to Real Estate Investing!!

Newbie to Real Estate Investing!!

Castro Valley, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 19 votes

Hello everyone, 

My name is Steven Smith and I am from Castro Valley, CA. I currently work as a Systems Engineer for my company. 

I'm very very new to real estate investing. I just recently found this site a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed the great info BP provides.  I've decided to go all in and learn about real estate investing instead of thinking about it. 
I'm want to learn how to find, analyze, and buy good rental properties outside of CA (It's too expensive here). 
I'm very happy to have found BiggerPockets!!

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
8y

Steven.

Would love to help you acquire rental properties out of state.

I live in LA and do the exact same thing and have a small portfolio build up.

Would love to help you get started!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y

    Steven.

    Would love to help you acquire rental properties out of state.

    I live in LA and do the exact same thing and have a small portfolio build up.

    Would love to help you get started!

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Steven Smith I’m an engineer too and used to work in seattle where the prices are too high. I started with sfhs to get started and that is what I suggest but try to scale up quickly and get out of sfhs as soon as possible.
  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    Welcome, Steven! Consider whether you might not be able to swing a house hacking a place that needs some cosmetics, and renting out rooms. Owner occupied rates and lower money down can make things possible. Then ride the appreciation train to give you equity to pull out and invest with cash elsewhere. 

    Lane, why don't you like single family rentals? Just more scalable in multifamily?

  • Castro Valley, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Thomas Mattausch, @Lane Kawaoka, and @Antoine Martel for the welcome. 
    Antoine I may be definitely interested  in martelfamilyrealty.com, but I think I still have quite a bit of learning still. 
    I get more excited with every sentence  I read here on BP. :-)

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Steven Smith:

    Thanks @Thomas Mattausch, @Lane Kawaoka, and @Antoine Martel for the welcome. 
    Antoine I may be definitely interested  in martelfamilyrealty.com, but I think I still have quite a bit of learning still. 
    I get more excited with every sentence  I read here on BP. :-)

     Steven.

    I'm here to help and teach.

    Let me know if I can be of any help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.