Property Manager / Agent / Investor - Metro Detroit

Property Manager / Agent / Investor - Metro Detroit

Property Manager · Berkley, MI · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 4 votes

Hello everyone! Awesome site here Josh...

I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I'm Trevor Brunckhorst from Berkley, MI. I'm a recently licensed agent and have been working business development for [a property management firm] in addition to being employed by the largest private landowner in Michigan.

My goal is to build a portfolio of 50 units for my management company within 6 months. We've got a lot of activity in our area, so I know it's doable. I'd love the opportunity to work with anyone in the Metro Detroit area.


Trevor Brunckhorst

0Reply
23 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Palm Harbor, FL · Member since 2009 · 79 posts · 76 votes
    16y

    Hi Trevor,

    Welcome to BP. I'm sure you'll find plenty of information here and it's a great place to network. Are you in the commercial niche or SFR?

  • Renter · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2010 · 43 posts · 11 votes
    16y

    Welcome to BP. A newbie myself. From my short time here, I have discovered that BP holds a wealth of knowledge, great forums, excellent advice and opinions that help so much.

    Check out the help section, as it gives great information and detail on how to use the forums, writing articles, blogs, etc. It helps also if you use strong keywords to find information on what you are looking for. This has helped me to find things in forums, articles, blogs, etc.

    Enjoy your time here. I sure am. It sure beats having to spend long hours on Internet searches. :wink:

  • Property Manager · Berkley, MI · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Joe Dube:
    Hi Trevor,

    Welcome to BP. I'm sure you'll find plenty of information here and it's a great place to network. Are you in the commercial niche or SFR?


    Hi Joe. My "9-5" is transportation related industrial truck terminals and warehouse space. The idea is to get out of there ASAP. My passion is focused on real estate investment, property management, etc... I'm really excited about building my network and the path that lies ahead.

    Trevor
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    16y

    Welcome from Grand Blanc!

    I'm a buy-and-hold investor with multiple SFHs and a small apt building. And, I am a rehabber.

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Welcome to BP.

    Good property management companies are hard to come by. Are you required to be a real estate agent in Michigan to do property management? In Washington state for several aspects of property management a real estate agent is required.

  • Real Estate Investor · Palm Harbor, FL · Member since 2009 · 79 posts · 76 votes
    16y

    Trevor,

    It sounds like you're motivated to move on with your life and put the truck terminal in your rear view mirror :cool: I sold my truck 8 years ago and jumped in the RE wholesaling business and never looked back. It was a tough road at times, had to grind it out. But it all worked out so far. You can do it, just keep on grinding!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Portage, MI · Member since 2010 · 470 posts · 315 votes
    16y

    Welcome to BP, Trevor! I'm in the Kalamazoo-Portage area. Your side of the state is a tough market, but there is lots of opportunity. Good luck and enjoy Bigger Pockets!
    Bill

  • Property Manager · Berkley, MI · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Mark Yuschak:
    Welcome from Grand Blanc!

    I'm a buy-and-hold investor with multiple SFHs and a small apt building. And, I am a rehabber.


    Thanks for all the replies everyone! There are plenty of opportunities in Real Estate in Michigan, regardless of what you read in the headlines! For a company like ours, property management is growing considerably right now. There are so many people who are becoming "accidental landlords" around Metro Detroit. We've also been able to hook up with a few investors from the Far East that've been instrumental to our growth.

    The goal is to grow the real estate business enough that I can say "bye-bye" to the 9-5 within 6 months. Feel free to add network and "follow" my career growth!

    Thanks,
    Trevor Brunckhorst

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.