Newbie Rental Investor in NYC

Newbie Rental Investor in NYC

Woodside, NY · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 11 votes

Hey all - 

I live in NYC and I am a newbie real estate investor.  I just closed on my first cash-flowing rental property in Memphis, TN through Roofstock.  I work in live events doing audio video and lighting.  I work as a freelancer, so the lending process was particularly difficult and my first deal nearly fell through, despite earning decent income.

I am looking to share my experience and learn as much as I can.  I am particularly interested in looking to learn from other freelancers (along with the pluses and minuses of being a freelancer and investor).  I would also like to learn from other investors who live in big cities, but invest in real estate out of state.

Excited to meet you all here on BP!

3Reply
10 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP! @Tim Cronin

    Check out the nearby members and network at https://www.biggerpockets.com/meet, it will help you a lot to find partners that can help you out in investing.

    BiggerPockets
  • Woodside, NY · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Thanks Trexie.  Only thing is, that link lead to a page with search results (0).  Is that based off of my zip code, or is that an old link? 

  • Harlem, NY · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Wow congrats Tim! That’s pretty inspiring. I live in NYC as well and I’ve been hesitant on long distance investing because I’m a newbie as well but now I have no excuses.
  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 715 posts · 138 votes
    8y
    Tim Cronin Welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here
  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Congrats Tim!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.