Newbie in Houston exploring commercial investing

Newbie in Houston exploring commercial investing

Contractor · TX · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes

Howdy!  I’m Eric Alarid and am brand new to Bigger Pockets. Love the podcast and the website has a ton of useful tools. I’m new to the real estate investing side, but not the industry. I work for our family’s fourth generation home building company on the sales side building custom homes on customers’ land all over Texas. Thus, I’m well versed in plan design, permitting, land development, financing (construction and permanent), curative title work, lien law, independent contractor agreements, customer experience, marketing, SEO, Google Analytics, hiring, managing, leading, and mentoring. And because of ALL the aforementioned, I’m interested in exploring commercial (retail or industrial) investments 🤣 - not really interested in residential investing. Anyway, Houston is a big city and Texas is a big state so there’s lots of opportunity. Specifically, I’m considering partnering on purchasing existing Commercial Retail or Industrial, revamp them to improve rental & cap rates and either hold or flip them and I’ll take all the advice I can get. 

2Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 179 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP Eric A.

  • Investor · Waco, TX · Member since 2015 · 51 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    @Eric Alarid I’m looking at an industrial property in Houston that can be bought under appraised value. I’m mainly interested in getting and running the business on the property. The seller has to get out of some SBA debt on the property and business. Send me a message if your interested in seeing if we can work out a deal where you take the property and I take business.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.