Newbie in Kansas City, Missouri

Newbie in Kansas City, Missouri

Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
Hey everyone! I’ve been lurking on bigger pockets for a while now, just “researching” before diving into real estate investing. Finally decided it was time to get started, and become more active while starting my real estate investing journey. Would love to hear from anyone in Kansas City area about any great events or potential groups to involved in to network and learn more!
2Reply
17 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Excelsior Springs, MO · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Hi James! There is actually a meetup group meeting this evening in Kansas City. https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/565840-may-2018-kansas-city-meetup I am in the same boat as you and am planning on attending and meeting some local investors. Maybe I’ll see you there!
  • Senior Network Engineer · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 30 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the forums. I'm not from KC but I've recently started investing there. I was planning on attending the meetup that @Jason Van Till was referring to, but unfortunately I wasn't able to re-arrange other family priorities. 

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    8y

    @James Johnston Hi and welcome out of the BP shadows and into the light. KC is a great place to be for getting into REI.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    8y

    There is one BP meetup, I guess tonight, but there are a ton of different meetups, meetings, trainings, and more every month in Kansas City -  I post  my events on the BP Calendar and our next one is June 12th from 6 to 9pm

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Thanks everybody!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    @James Johnston

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Real Estate Investor · Spring Valley, CA · Member since 2016 · 288 posts · 98 votes
    8y

    welcome

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.