New Member in the Tupelo/Oxford MS communities

New Member in the Tupelo/Oxford MS communities

New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes

My name is Casey Barickman and I am new to REI. I reside in the Oxford MS area and work in Tupelo MS. I work in Research and Development at a MS university. I want to work my way into REI by starting out with SFR and working my way to into small multifamily units. However, I have a lot to learn and looking forward to meeting and networking with people not only in the area but all over the country. I hope to have a couple of properties under my belt by the beginning of next year.

1Reply
18 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Conway, AR · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP Casey! I've been through your area several times and I always enjoy it! Hopefully BP will help aid you as you start in the industry.

  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Thanks Tarren! Conway is a nice town, been there several times. Love to be outdoors in that part of AR. Hopefully REI is good there for you.

  • Tupelo, MS · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hey Casey. Welcome to BP. I live in the Tupelo area and love Oxford. I am a Ole Miss Alum. I am new to Real Estate as well. I would be interested in getting a meetup started in our area so maybe we can get something together.

    Glad to have a fellow Rebel on BP.

    Hotty Toddy

  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    That sounds great Peter! Even if it is just a couple of people, at least it's a start. How about after the holiday? I will have more free time. I can meet up anytime later in the week or weekend.

  • Investor · Silverdale, WA · Member since 2017 · 121 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    @Casey Barickman HI Casey, welcome to the B.P community.

    This is a great place to learn, ask questions, and get a lot of answers (opinions). What is Oxford like in terms of its investment opportunities? 

  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Casey Barickman I have a few realtor friends in Tupelo who you should reach out to and tell them what you are interested in. They will give you sound advice and are true professionals. I recommend reading and listening to podcasts as well as youtube. Epic Real Estate investing podcast is really great information. This is the most expensive time in a decade to get into real estate, especially in Oxford. Look at smaller communities within the county for better pricing. Be an owner, not a flipper. There is always a strong rental market in your area. I grew up in New Albany. Message me for the two agents that I know and consider friends. 

  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Thank you @Jenny Moore and @Anthony Dooley for the nice welcome to the B.P community. I appreciate all the great advice on diving into the education on the site. I have been listening to as many podcast and books that I can get my hands on. 

    The Oxford market is expensive right now and the rents are not keeping up with home values. Thus, I have been looking in the Tupelo, Saltillo, and Guntown markets for potential deals. I have been analyzing properties around those areas and have a few that I am interested. I am in the process of forming a team, so thank you for the Anthony for the contacts. 

    How are the rental markets in Bremerton, WA and Columbus, GA? I would like to build up to small multifamily units but not a lot to choose from around the area. Any advice? Thank you two very much and looking forward to interacting with everyone!

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    @Casey Barickman I might have some properties come available in and around Saltillo if your interested
  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    @Casey Barickman also I like the idea of a meetup. Let’s get this going
  • Rental Property Investor · Thaxton, MS · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Casey Barickman

    All: There is a meet up group once a month in Tupelo. Mississippi Wealth Builders is the name of the group. Please login and RSVP for our next meeting in January 2020.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.