New Member in the Tupelo/Oxford MS communities

10 Replies

My name is Casey Barickman and I am new to REI. I reside in the Oxford MS area and work in Tupelo MS. I work in Research and Development at a MS university. I want to work my way into REI by starting out with SFR and working my way to into small multifamily units. However, I have a lot to learn and looking forward to meeting and networking with people not only in the area but all over the country. I hope to have a couple of properties under my belt by the beginning of next year.

Hey Casey. Welcome to BP. I live in the Tupelo area and love Oxford. I am a Ole Miss Alum. I am new to Real Estate as well. I would be interested in getting a meetup started in our area so maybe we can get something together.

Glad to have a fellow Rebel on BP.

Hotty Toddy

That sounds great Peter! Even if it is just a couple of people, at least it's a start. How about after the holiday? I will have more free time. I can meet up anytime later in the week or weekend.

@Casey Barickman I have a few realtor friends in Tupelo who you should reach out to and tell them what you are interested in. They will give you sound advice and are true professionals. I recommend reading and listening to podcasts as well as youtube. Epic Real Estate investing podcast is really great information. This is the most expensive time in a decade to get into real estate, especially in Oxford. Look at smaller communities within the county for better pricing. Be an owner, not a flipper. There is always a strong rental market in your area. I grew up in New Albany. Message me for the two agents that I know and consider friends. 

Thank you @Jenny Moore and @Anthony Dooley for the nice welcome to the B.P community. I appreciate all the great advice on diving into the education on the site. I have been listening to as many podcast and books that I can get my hands on. 

The Oxford market is expensive right now and the rents are not keeping up with home values. Thus, I have been looking in the Tupelo, Saltillo, and Guntown markets for potential deals. I have been analyzing properties around those areas and have a few that I am interested. I am in the process of forming a team, so thank you for the Anthony for the contacts. 

How are the rental markets in Bremerton, WA and Columbus, GA? I would like to build up to small multifamily units but not a lot to choose from around the area. Any advice? Thank you two very much and looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you