I’m A Hungry Rookie

9 Replies

Hello, My name is Calvin Conners, I live in Pittsburgh, PA & I’m brand new to this industry looking for some mentorship. I’m studying just about all I can as far as reading books, reading articles, YouTube, even a few seminars. Yet there’s some things I still don’t quite understand. I need someone in the business who is experienced that I can maybe speak to or sit down with & walk me through some things.

I live in Philadelphia, so I don't know how feasible sitting down together would be, but I would be happy to answer any questions you have.  Let me know.  

You broke the first rule, Calvin. You can't be a "hungry rookie" and make no mention of buying lunch! :) 

Calvin,

What an awesome title. I relate and I feel the same way. My preferred method to learn now is podcast. I have listened too about half of the bigger pockets and all bigger pockets money podcast. And its allowed me a decent level of confidence and understanding I'm very grateful for the platform.

@Calvin Conners the first rule of networking or finding a “mentor” is to offer some sort of value in return.

You didn’t really mention this at all, so I’m not really sure what you can expect to accomplish.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you