New Member Living in Chicago, Illinois! Hello, BP!

9 Replies

Hello, all!  

After listening to the BP podcast for a few weeks, I've decided to finally jump into the forums and introduce myself. My name is Sean Snider. I am a practicing attorney in Chicago, Illinois, and an enthusiastic real-estate investor. I hail from Lawrenceburg, Indiana, and own a single-family rental (thanks to the BRRRR method!) in that community. I am looking to continue to grow my portfolio with single and multi-family units in Indiana and Illinois.

I am blown away by how informative this website and associated podcast is for someone looking to became an experienced real-estate investor.  The BP community jumps out as collaborative, supportive and helpful -- and I can't wait to join in on the fun.  Please reach out for any questions or to network!

Best,
Sean

@Sean Snider Welcome to BP! Isn't the podcast awesome? That's how I found out about the website/forums and what propelled me to join, too.

Nice to meet another Midwesterner interested in REI - I'm based in NWI myself, currently working towards getting my real estate license here in order to generate some additional "active income," while also opening the door to real estate investing here.

@George Skidis made a good point about joining your local REIA. I just joined mine last week and attended my first in-person meetup. What a positive experience.

Here's to continued REI success!

@Sean Snider welcome! I too just recently started jumping in on the BP forums. I agree with you that the BP community is an amazing resource. I especially enjoy listening to the podcasts during my commute. I'm in a similar situation with 1 SFR and looking to grow my portfolio.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors! 

-Andrew

(insert appropriate lawyer joke here) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you