New to the game in Northern Utah

9 Replies

Hey all,

I've been a "lurker" here on BP for the last couple years, but just recently created an account to start taking full advantage of the vast resources available. Should have done it sooner.

Anyway, my whole family (dad's side) has been in real estate since I can remember.. i.e. appraisers, realtors, investors, etc. I grew up going with my dad to these houses that he bought. He'd paint them, put new carpet in them, and then sell them the next week for $10-$15K profit. Most long-time investors would call those the glory days - long before the market became more heavily regulated. So, it's only natural that I have an innate love for real estate.

My interests include:

• Long term rentals (still undecided on SFR vs. MFR)
  • Short term rentals (AirBnB)
  • Rehab projects
  • Development
  • and most recently - new construction. (I'm looking into getting my GC license, and would love to talk to anyone who can point me in the right direction with where to begin.)

I'd love to connect with people here in Utah (both experienced and new) and explore how we can help one another. I hope to bring as much value as I can to BP, and look forward to meeting you all in one way or another.

Cheers,

Jordan

What's up man. I'm not personally out in Utah but it seems to be a market that could very much so be of interest to me in the upcoming future. You lucky, you have a lot of people at your finger tips whose brain you can pick. I'd take full advantage of that. Best of luck. 

Jordan, welcome to BiggerPockets!

Sounds like you have some great mentors to help you get started in the real estate game. Best of luck with everything!

If there's ever something you need down here in the Provo area feel free to reach out to me. 

Welcome Jordan! I'm also a new investor, in Provo though, not Ogden. Looking to get started with SFR flips and Brrrr-ing MFR properties. I'm good with numbers and analyzing deals. Hit me up if you ever need any assistance in any way! I do know a few good property managers up in Ogden and Logan. Or if you would ever be interested in partnering on a deal or two, I would be open to that. Good luck though in getting started and welcome to BP!

Welcome, @Jordan Christensen . Looks like you're interested in many different facets of real estate. My only advice would be to pick just one of the different investing strategies to begin with and focus on that at first. There is so much to learn, so I'd fear that you would be trying to tackle too much if you don't focus on one specific area. Good luck!

@Nathan Allan thanks man! I would love to partner on some deals. I like the idea of flipping some SFR's and Brrrr-ing MFR's. I appreciate your comment, let's definitely connect sometime!

@Caleb Rigby thanks for the advice. I definitely plan to stick to one strategy to begin with before branching out.  I’d love to meetup sometime - we’re practically neighbors!

Hey Jordan! I am also a lurker on this website. I love everything about it! I am also located in the Ogden area doing investing in long term rentals using house hacking, and also as an Agent. I to have been looking at some Airbnb but outside of Utah. Look forward to making some connections!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you