Newby in Nashville TN looking to connect

12 Replies

Hi! New to this page- and new to real estate. Looking for someone in the Nashville area who is experienced and may be willing to chat with me. My husband has been building and doing flips for investors for years. I would like to branch out and do them ourselves- but I become lost in not knowing the best way to finance the projects. The podcasts have been very informational so hoping to connect with others!

Hello, Ashley! Welcome to the real estate investment family, we are excited to have you. Nashville is an absolutely great spot to begin to branch out. Whether it is for rental plays that cash flow, or flips for healthy margins, Nashville has em all. 

I was actually just reading an article talking about the top ten places to flip houses in the country, and Nashville was number one. And that is hard to contest with numbers like: 

Median home list price: $367,900
Ratio of flips to all home sales: 4.1%
Average flip profit: $87,200

However, you have to do your research. A good market does not a good investor make. I'm happy to hear you're listening to the podcast, I use it for all of my commutes! 

Welcome @Ashley Storke ! Nashville has an amazing and supportive investor community. I highly recommend joining some of the local meetup groups and attending networking events. 99% of my deals are from word of mouth / networking, so it's power is undeniable. There are also tons of potential partners for your deals. I personally use a good HM lender and then the downpayment / closing costs / operating account comes from several different partners whom I've met through networking events. Feel free to connect! 

Hey All, I am new to RE investing and am looking forward to learning all I can from all the very knowledgeable people here on bigger pockets. I moved to the Nashville area (Brentwood) last June from Southeast Missouri and fell in love with Tennessee. Besides me leasing out my home In MIssouri that is the extent of my RE knowledge. My plan is to start with wholesaling and learn from there. I find it so interesting all the creative ways that can be done to make a deal happen. The podcast with Paul Thompson, my favorite!! I am lookIng forward to networkIng and startIng my buyErs lIst and expaNdIng my cIrcle.🤗

Like Jana, I moved from Missouri (west of St. Louis) to the Nashville area a little over a year ago. My husband and I are just now getting into RE investing, looking for a good house hack. I also love TN. Would love to connect with others!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you