Newbie in Portland, OR Happy 2011!!

Newbie in Portland, OR Happy 2011!!

Real Estate Investor · Gresham, OR · Member since 2010 · 1 post · 0 votes

I've flipped about 5 houses in Portland, OR but would like to have a "mentor" show me more on wholesaling, REO's, short sales, probates, etc. If you have experience in any of these areas and wouldn't mind dedicating some time to help out a fellow/local REI I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2009 · 624 posts · 559 votes
    15y

    John, welcome to BP. There is much to be learned here and many of the topics you are asking for assistance on are most likely covered here on BP.

    As for finding a mentor... I have to ask... what's in it for the investor?

    Before you strike out too far looking for a mentor I recommend you read this article http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2010/04/22/how-to-find-real-estate-mentors-and-my-eureka-moment/ as it might provide some insight and assist you to quicker success.

    Best of luck!

    Pete

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Welcome John,

    Sounds like you may have quite the tax bill. Oregon significantly raised there taxes on high income individuals and those with capital gains. I understand it has really slowed down construction and the sales of commercial property.

    Look forward to hearing about your experiences. it sounds like you are doing alright because you are flipping property in the area.

  • Real Estate Investor · Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2010 · 681 posts · 241 votes
    15y

    Welccome, John!

    Congratulations on the 5 flips you've done. Are you flipping short sales back to back, or are you rehabbing and then flipping?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.